Prime Brokerage - Client Coverage - Associate
- Londres, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni Londres Angleterre GB
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Morgan Stanley
- 19 juin 18 2018-06-19
See job description for details
Prime Brokerage - Client Coverage – Associate - 3108996
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
The prime brokerage client coverage representative brings together, for a variety of hedge funds, all of the firm’s resources, opening up access to technology, research and other elements of Morgan Stanley’s global infrastructure. Their main responsibilities encompass ensuring that a high level of client satisfaction is gained by providing clients with efficient Prime Brokerage coverage and the ability to deal with one point of contact at Morgan Stanley.
International Prime Brokerage’s ‘Client Coverage Group’ is organised into several teams of account representatives across Europe and Asia. The teams work alongside, and are guided and supported by, the Client Coverage Management team, which is responsible for client satisfaction, team management, risk and operational issues and the co-ordination of coverage within the department and the Firm.
The number of account relationships managed by a representative varies depending upon the size and complexity of the account; on average each supports 8 to 10 relationships. Representatives are assigned both day-to-day coverage elements and client management responsibilities. Additionally, each representative is trained to act as a comprehensive back-up to all accounts on the team, to ensure continuity of service. The training process includes involvement in client relationship reviews and on-site visits to ensure a solid understanding by all team members of the clients' unique service requirement. The wider Prime Brokerage business unit has offices in New York, San Francisco, Boston, Chicago, Dallas, Toronto, Sao Paulo, London, Hong Kong, Tokyo, Singapore, Dubai and Sydney.
• Knowledge of hedge funds, the industry and common hedge fund strategies.
• Analytical mindset, good academic record, attention to detail and problem solving skills.
• Strong business acumen to be able to recognise and interpret commercial opportunities.
• Experience covering clients and developing key relationships
• Knowledge of a broad range of asset classes, preferably including some of the following: equities, fixed income, FX, listed and OTC derivatives (including cash-flows, valuations and margin treatment of listed futures and options), Government repos, asset swaps (credit, interest-rate and equity) and other equity-related securities.
• Good organisational and time management skills plus the ability to multi-task and work under pressure.
• Ability to quickly comprehend and filter complex information. This is often required within a short timeframe, as clients will generally look to you for input on a wide range of topics, some of which will be time-sensitive and may be confidential.
• Excellent communication skills, confidence and the ability to clearly articulate complex situations often to senior client contacts and/or internal senior management.
The salary for this role is competitive
The closing date for applications is 23/06/2018
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.