A lead focussed audit role aligned to regulatory reporting processes.
My client, an instantly recognisable US bank, is looking to make several hires into the audit function following the arrival of a new SMF5. Additionally, due to the continued growth of business operations in Europe, the audit function is required to grow in order to provide the appropriate level of oversight and assurance.
As a Principal Auditor, your responsibilities will include the following:
- Lead Audits of regulatory reporting process primarily as in-charge and in some cases as engagement supervisor.
- Identify and assess key risks and controls and develop effective test plans for engagements with limited guidance.
- Work within deadlines and manage multiple tasks.
- Exhibit appropriate judgement regarding issue notification, issues draft findings to client management, and draft final audit reports for review by the Engagement Supervisor or Senior Audit Manager.
- Demonstrate depth and breadth of knowledge and understanding of risks (operational, financial, regulatory etc.) across multiple businesses.
- Support the Senior Audit Manager as needed in regional governance forums and develop/maintain strong relationships with local personnel.
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills and the ability to influence across multiple levels of management.
- Support regional manager by interacting with regional, US and APAC Internal Audit personnel to fulfill regional regulatory requests.
Whilst experience of regulatory reporting processes will be an advantage, my client will also consider auditors with a broader range of portfolio experience, the key driver for this hire is finding an individual who can credibly interact with snr executives within the business.