An amazing opportunity has arisen at a high performing multi-strat hedge fund for an experienced solutions architect. This individual will be at the heart of the technical delivery process, managing complex buildout and migration of algorithmic trading infrastructure to a cloud based provider. We require an individual with an exceptional distribution technology skillset to join a fantastic environment helping to build out fundamental model for the firms' flagship European Power strategy. The business has had an excellent period of growth and is poised to continue to be a pioneer, launching new strategies within the commodities space.
In this role, you will:
[Architecture, SQL, Architect, Distributed Applications, Distributed Architectures, Documentation, Governance, Agile, Azure, AWS, CQRS, Event Sourcing, Event Driven Architectures, .NET, C#]
- Analyse, develop and implement a new data model that reduces application process latency, increase algo trading speed thereby positively impacting trading revenue of a hedge fund.
- Design and implement the Portfolio modelling framework into a cloud based system using existing Front office in C++/ C# WPF/Python
- Work with the quantitative and the portfolio management divisions to provide well-designed software solutions to business problems
- Ensure solutions are delivered to high engineering standards, considering application security, supportability and verifiability as first-class application requirements
- Gain a good high-level understanding of business processes, data and applications across your technical domain and represent these to other architects and interested parties
- Use your exceptional technologically advance skillset to implement a forward thinking infrastructure framework to allow the front-end development to cohesively respond to the back end.
- Explain technical decisions and architectural initiatives, and their rationale, to senior management.
- Act as an advocate for Enterprise Architecture to delivery teams while also influencing Enterprise Architecture decisions, processes and technical toolset choices
- Foster collaboration between teams and across the organisation
- Be responsible for ensuring all architecture governance practices are adhered to, and all review gates are completed accurately and at the appropriate time
The client would love to see:
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent technical leadership, mentoring and collaboration skills
- Strong understanding of enterprise architectural patterns and practices
- Strong understanding of distributed application architectural approaches and considerations such as event driven architectures, CQRS, Event Sourcing and eventual consistency
- Good understanding of cloud-based architecture, and designing cloud native applications
- Good understanding of Domain Driven Design at both the business modelling level, and implementation levels
- Good understanding and capable of modelling different aspects of a solution using industry standards (e.g. BPMN 2 for business modelling, UML for Class Modelling, …)
- Good understanding of agile development methodologies
- Understand the value of commitments to delivery made by the Agile team
- Strong knowledge and keen interest in the latest software development industry trends
To apply, either respond to this advert by clicking the link provided or send your updated resume to firstname.lastname@example.org