Private Banker - Organization / Strategy / Audit / Quality London - Great Britain
Description of the Business Line or Department
Our commercial strategy focuses on three main areas:
• Ensure growth through our key client segments: KCS (Key Client Segment), , Core Segment, International and Privilege
• Tighten our global sales management , notably by combining our indicators by entity and by private banker (AuM, NNMA, NBI, GOI, LUM, ROA);
• Anchor our risk culture, conduct, Customer Excellence and the Group values described in the Leadership Model in our sales force on a daily basis Summary of the key purposes of the role
• Responsible for developing a book from scratch, managing and retaining client relationships with high net worth individuals with the longer term view of moving into the core CRM team once a client book has been fully developed
• Work as part of a team of private bankers and Business Acquisition Managers who are focused on working with 3rd party introducers to developing new business
• Responsible for developing and managing key business introducer relationships and intermediaries who have access to high net worth individuals, as part of a team of private bankers who are focused on one or more target segments
• Ensure all leads from Business Acquisition Manager are fully investigated in order to onboard the clients.
• Ensure that you adhere to and drive a culture that treats clients fairly that focuses on long term sustainability of client relationships
• Pitch together with the Business Acquisition Manager Summary of responsibilities
- Work closely with the Business Acquisition Managers in developing and maintaining key intermediary channels.
- Attend external events for networking purposes and to identify further opportunity.
- Knowledge of markets, products and advice (investment management, wealth planning, banking, credit, and capital markets).
- Meet or exceed a number of individual and team-based financial targets, including AUM/NNMA, income, return on AUMs and credit books.
- Strong knowledge and discipline relating to risk management, compliance, AML and regulatory procedures.
- Ensure that all regulatory training and testing is completed in a timely manner.
- Actively involved in developing and maintaining client relationships, both individually and as part of a team
- Main clients focus: both UHNWI and HNWI in one or more defined segments.
- The Private Banker may be expected to provide guidance to less experienced bankers and assistants.
- Work effectively and successfully within the team and corporate framework.
- The employee must know and comply with the regulations, rules and procedures, internal and external applicable in the context of its function and follow the compulsory training.
Level of autonomy and authority
- Perform all duties in accordance with the principles outlined in the SG Code of Conduct, as well as the policies and procedures relevant to your responsibilities, to ensure that you adhere to a culture that treats clients fairly and focuses on the long term sustainability of client relationships.
- Fully respect Kleinwort Hambros Policies and Procedures defined locally, at PRIV and at Group Level, in order to control operational risks.
- Respect of local Kleinwort Hambros procedures and relevant regulations.
- Application of IMMUNE and FORCE rules.
- Must seek advice from management in case of doubt.
- Job holder can authorise and make private client financial decisions within the business proposition
All our positions are open to people with disabilities Profile Competencies
- Individual contributor level competencies as defined in the SG Leadership Model
- In-depth product knowledge and excellent sales and relationship management skills.
- Strong Business development skills
- Manages and targets clients and key relationships.
- Advising across a broad range of products and services
- Knowledge of regulations applying to the bank, its staff and our clients
- Ability to develop good knowledge of Kleinwort Hambros and the wider SG Group
- Client development and retention capabilities
- Knowledge of internal risk and conduct management, compliance, AML procedures and constant vigilance in respect of them
- Train less experienced staff as required
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong commercial acumen
- Exercise good judgement skills to prevent frau d and raise alerts as necessary
- Team Player & Collaboration
- Demonstrable strong track record of new business acquisition and the ability to develop a book from scratch
If you feel you have the required experience and qualifications, then please apply to the SG Resourcing Team, and we will manage your application. At Societe Generale, we believe our people are our strength and are core to the success of our business. As such, we search for, recruit and appoint the best available person on the basis of aptitude and ability, regardless of sex, marital or civil partnership status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, pregnancy, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, belief or gender reassignment.
People join for the impact they can have on us. They stay for the impact we have on them. A flatter structure offers visibility and exposure beyond that of our competitors, so you know our names, and we know yours. It's personable, human, and inspires success through passion. By encouraging open mindedness and a willingness to share ideas, we have adapted to market changes and thrived through innovation. Bringing words like "hard work" and "dedication" together with "community" and "respect" has enabled us to work collaboratively and build our future together. We call this Team Spirit and it's what makes us different. It's what makes you different.
Job code: 18001393
Business unit: Kleinwort Hambros
Starting date: Immediate
Date of publication: 01/07/2019