Problem Engineer, Vice President
Job Description Who we are looking for
The Problem Management Problem Engineer facilitates the execution of the Problem Management Process. He/She helps identify those problems with the highest risk of re-occurrence and ensures that the problem owners are expressing appropriate level of urgency to mitigate exposure to the risk. They coordinate follow-up calls, provide guidance on documentation of appropriate tasks, help set appropriate target dates and document workarounds for Known errors for re-use until full Root Cause Determination is achieved and Remediation Steps Completed. Why this role is important to us
Our technology function, Global Technology Services (GTS), is vital to State Street and is the key enabler for our business to deliver data and insights to our clients. We're driving the company's digital transformation and expanding business capabilities using industry best practices and advanced technologies such as cloud, artificial intelligence and robotics process automation. We offer a collaborative environment where technology skills and innovation are valued in a global organization. We're looking for top technical talent to join our team and deliver creative technology solutions that help us become an end-to-end, next-generation financial services company. Join us if you want to grow your technical skills, solve real problems and make your mark on our industry. What you will be responsible for:
What we value These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Drive governance around problem management to ensure that a problem ticket is opened, escalated, updated and closed in a timely manner.
- Facilitate bridge calls along with representatives from internal and client infrastructure support teams and vendors to drive ownership, monitoring, tracking and communications of all problem records towards Root Cause Determination and Remediation
- Assist in creation, assignment, and resolution of tasks
- Establish criteria to capture incidents for trending and RCA supporting efforts to improve operational stability in a proactive manner; partner with service owners, service desk, and technical stakeholders to continually improve the predictability of service and enhance service offerings.
- Define, develop, and consult with team reporting, metrics, and analysis of deliverables as required; manage regularly scheduled closure and trend reports and analysis
- Analyze appropriate incidents and event tickets for trends and proactive problem management opportunities and create assign and track associated ad-hoc records with the assigned problem owners.
- Develop , Maintain and Enhance the documentation and communication of the Problem Management Process
- Ensure a ticketing system is in place and appropriately configured to manage and control the Problem Management process which aligns and integrates with all relevant ITSM processes
- Develop, Maintain, Enhance and distribute Governance, Service Level, Process and Operational reporting to effectively manage the Problem Management Process
- Directly interface with Audit, Risk, Compliance, and Regulatory organizations to ensure the Problem Management Process adheres to all relevant policies and standards
- Design, Develop, and Maintain Operational and Governance meetings to effectively Govern and Control the Problem Management process
- Ensure appropriate Problem Management and Service Delivery resources are engaged in the Problem Management Process to ensure high quality and fast problem remediation
- Design, Develop, and Maintain quality control measures to ensure executive quality results for every Problem throughout the process
• Must have strong understanding of ITIL V3/4 framework. (Foundation)
• Any other ITIL qualifications (CSI, Service Ops) would be a benefit
• Operational and Reporting experience with Service Now is a benefit
Additional Requirements: ITIL V3/V4 Foundation About State Street What we do.
- Must have a breadth of knowledge across infrastructure and application processes, areas, and technologies (Network, Security, Open Systems, Mainframe, Storage, Database, Middleware, Cloud, End User Computing, and Application)
- Must be experienced with coordinating and communicating across multidisciplinary / multicultural teams and hybrid support models
- Must demonstrate excellent communication skills (written, verbal and presentation)
- Must be experienced with designing, managing, reporting, and governing Key Performance Metrics (KPIs)
- Must have excellent analytical and trend analysis skills.
- Must have excellent problem solving skills
- Strong team ethics and team player.
- Strong communication (verbal and written) both internally and with vendors.
- Focus and desire to deliver high quality service.
- Ability to work in a high pressured and time sensitive environment
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers