About WorldRemit We are looking for a Product Designer
, based in London, to help us take on our upcoming challenges and improve our product experiences through considered design thinking.
WorldRemit helps people send money around the world to over 140 destinations more quickly, easily and securely than traditional processes that are often more expensive, complicated and do not recognise that the way people use money is changing.
We are proud of the diversity of our users which is one of our core strengths at WorldRemit, many of whom are first or second generation migrants working hard to support their families. We understand the impact that we help create, and are responsible for, when people trust us to send their money directly to family, friends and loved ones around the world. Design at WorldRemit
Our design team is growing in terms of people, impact and accountability. Designers are embedded in our feature teams, and form part of a triad working equally alongside engineering and product.
We help introduce new features and products to our app and website that continue to ease the process of sending money abroad, directly inform product strategy through the insights we gather and help facilitate design-led product development.
Our efforts so far have resulted in almost 90,000 five star reviews from delighted people using our products and services - you will be a big part of continuing to cultivate the stories that we can tell . What you will be doing
Does this sound like you?
- Work with product owners and engineers in your team to drive design vision and strategy to improve our customer experience that includes:
- Sending and receiving money
- Improving the activation process
- Reducing the friction of sending money abroad
- And a bunch more other product features
- Partner with product and engineering to represent the design team, help achieve design initiatives, and provide feedback in planning and product channels
- Partner with engineering to ensure that our implementation and user experience is high-quality.
- Support designers across product teams and departments by sharing work and helping to improve broad design initiatives such as our pattern library and user interviews.
- Provide guidance, input and support in our review and feedback sessions. Seek out feedback from your fellow designers and beyond your product team.
- Help in recruiting and interviewing designers, and actively improve our inclusive design hiring process
- You have a couple of products under your belt, and you've mostly worked in house at product focused companies. It's not that we don't want to hear from you if you've mostly been living the agency life, but tell us why you're looking for a change.
- You recognise the importance that design plays to help influence positive behaviours for customers, with your experience in design thinking to help create engaging and impactful solutions.
- You're someone who draws motivation, purpose and inspiration from the mission of a company and use that in helping solve the problems you work on.
- You have a great portfolio that demonstrates your experience with typography, interaction and visual design that tells us how you contributed to success.
- You strive to be a 'T-shaped' designer bringing your experience with the end-to-end iterative design process, and keen sense of detail to problems and solutions.
- You know when to use story mapping, journey mapping, prototyping, low or high fidelity prototypes and user testing and research to help achieve design goals.
- You have a proficiency with current design tools such as Sketch, InVision, Marvel and others.
- You're friendly, humble and focused on the team, and love working closely with product managers, data scientists, engineers and being supported by experienced designers to bring your unique perspective into the design process.
We strive to offer a competitive benefits package to employees including a personal learning and development, choice of equipment to support the way you work best, as well as a well stocked kitchen every morning for breakfast and a fun weekly townhall meeting that features different food each time.
We're a global company with offices worldwide (London, UK / Denver, US / Krakow, PL / Cebu, PH and more), so you will have a network of locales to connect with as you grow with the company.
Located in Victoria, our London offices are centrally based with a diverse background of nationalities, enjoying easy access from St James's Park, Victoria and Westminster stations all within easy walking distance. Something really important
We are keen to ensure we are designing experiences that works for everyone, so we particularly encourage applications from different underrepresented demographics.
If the role sounds like a good fit and you're interested in helping making a genuine impact on people's lives, don't hesitate to apply! We appreciate that applying takes a lot of effort, and we really value the time you invest.