Product Owner - Exchange Data & Business EMEA
Bloomberg runs on data. In our Global Data business, we're responsible for supplying it. Our Content & Entities Business Management team (CEBM) is all about capturing and integrating data to provide our customers with the information they need. The department is comprised of several teams including: Pricing, Research, Exchanges, Client Service, Contracts, and Market Structure. We on board an incredible amount of content so it's imperative that it is discoverable, compliant, done in an efficient manner, and compliments other Bloomberg products. The Role:
You're on the pulse with market movements and live for the details beyond the headlines. You love to build relationships and always look to provide excellent customer service. As a natural problem solver you thrive on building innovative solutions to sophisticated problems.
We are looking for a highly creative and motivated individual to work in the Exchange Data & Business team.
This role involves working closely with a variety of different departments across the firm such as Engineering, Sales, Networks, Enterprise Solutions and Exchanges in order to ensure the successful delivery of exchange products to Bloomberg customers. Product owners are required to lead many projects simultaneously and perform a combination of responsibilities such as creating comprehensive business requirements, conducting analysis, collaborating closely with exchanges, interpreting new exchange announcements, and facilitating product releases in multiple manners including testing. We'll trust you to:
You'll need to have:
- Handle all technical aspects of market-data related projects driven either by the exchange or Bloomberg aimed at enhancing the existing market-data setup or adding new data and/or products
- Ensure the successful delivery of exchange products to Bloomberg customers by meeting non-negotiable deadlines
- Manage relationships and coordinate projects with the exchange, including calls/visits as needed
- Act as the subject matter specialist for the technologies that exchanges utilise to deliver data content to vendors as well as the technical specifications set out by the exchange to assess the impact of changes
- Be the conduit between the Business and Engineering by interpreting business needs into project requirements and effectively communicating these with Engineering and other involved parties
- Translate exchange documentation and technical specifications into business deliverables for new exchange data on Bloomberg
- Prioritise projects and manage expectations to both our internal and external partners
- Collaborate closely with the Data Model (DM) team to ensure adherence to Bloomberg Data Model standards for the movement and transformation of market data through Bloomberg's Feeds Infrastructure
- Collaborate with the DM team to have new DM features designed/released
- Conduct testing both pre-production and post-release
- Effectively run the project from start to finish, from requirements gathering to post production release
- Function as the overall escalation point for any issues with exchange market data
Does this sound like you?
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting/Finance or related fields
- Experience working for an Exchange or in the Market Data industry
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Have attention to detail and be technically-minded
- Excellent communication, writing, presentation & organisational skills
- Knowledge of Market Data connectivity
- Knowledge of FIX and/or other message protocols
Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.