EMPOWERING YOUR CAREER
We are looking for a Programme Manager
to join our team in Londres, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni
A Programme Manager required to manage multiple programmes on a day to day basis within the scope and powers agreed by Post Trade Derivatives & Securities Operational Management.
FIS is the world's largest global provider dedicated to banking and payments technologies. FIS empowers the financial world with payment processing and banking solutions, including software, services, and technology outsourcing. FIS’ more than 53,000 worldwide employees are passionate about moving our clients’ business forward. Headquartered in Jacksonville, Florida, FIS serves more than 20,000 clients in over 130 countries, and our technology powers billions of transactions annually that move over $9 trillion around the globe. FIS is a Fortune 500 company and is a member of Standard & Poor’s 500® Index.
An FIS Programme Manager has delegated responsibility from the business to manage multiple projects or programmes on a day to day basis within the scope and powers agreed by Post Trade Derivatives & Securities Operational Management.
The FIS Post Trade Securities Professional Services practice delivers project management, consultancy, and support to existing and prospective clients for the RIMS product. A multi-asset post trade processing platform, RIMS provides a comprehensive and flexible, fully automated solution to support the complete post-trade execution transaction lifecycle.
This position can be based in London or Oxford and reports directly to the Head of Post Trade Securities Professional Services.
• Ensure delivery of the agreed project deliverables
• Lead, encourage and manage the team members assigned to projects
• Planning and monitoring of assigned projects or programmes
• Conduct scope validation exercises with existing and prospective clients
• Prepare and communicate Project Definition Documents.
• Produce as required plans and schedules for projects and programmes, individual project stages and exceptions with team managers and other key personnel. Ensure that these are agreed by the client and governance board.
• Assess, control and manage the risks to the project, and prepare mitigation and contingency plans.
• Day to day consultation and liaison with the programme team if managing projects as part of a programme. In these circumstances responsibility for ensuring a good scope fit between the different projects (no overlap or gap).
• For overall progress and resource deployment, including initiating corrective action where required.
• Change control, variations, and configuration management.
• Project level reporting via weekly/monthly reporting, steering control meetings and ad hoc reports.
• Overall direction and integrity of the programme/project, in consultation with Project Board and PTDS Governance team
• Ensuring that the programme/project deliverables are managed following relevant procedures
• Identification of lessons learned and production of the project closure report.
• To source appropriate mentoring, support, and advice on any aspects of the project where required.
• Project administration and record keeping
• Communications with any external or internal suppliers and the FIS sales organisation
• Develop a sound understanding of the functional scope of the RIMS product
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
• Degree level or equivalent
• Project Management Training
• Commitment to own personal professional development
• Project management qualification (preferably PRINCE2 Practitioner)
• Management qualification
• Proven years professional experience of working as a Project Manager, including previous experience of managing large scale, complex programmes
• Knowledge of programme/project management methodologies with in-depth knowledge of at least one methodology.
• Demonstrable experience of delivering projects to expected scope, cost and timescales.
• Previous experience in the following;
• business analysis and solution requirements definition for delivering commercial IT solutions
• coordinating the activities of staff
• working with Senior Management
• delivering projects in a variety of environments and for a variety of business purposes.
• working on more than one project or work package at one time
• Experience of working within a financial services or banking organization, particularly middle and back office securities operations
• Experience of implementing post trade securities processing platforms
• Has been a sole project/programme manager for a software based project of at least 2000 man days effort
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
• Ability to lead others when there is no direct line of command. Engender co-operation and communication rather than operating in hierarchical boundaries.
• Highly flexible in style, able to provide strong leadership and direction including delegating, motivating and developing members of the project team. Substantial proven leadership and a record of successful management.
• Excellent project management skills including project management tools and techniques.
• Adopts a holistic approach to planning encompassing cost, scope and benefits in the light of resource, constraints and risk.
• Familiar with project risk management techniques including formal reviews where risk is put in the context of business benefits and cost of delivery.
• IT literate – Microsoft Project, Microsoft Visio, Microsoft Office are actively used.
• Well developed communication skills including extensive report writing skills and face to face interaction in both small and large groups
• Strong presentation skills
• Focused on getting results within challenging timescales
• Ability to analyse problems and produce a range of options, culminating in a preferred solution.
• Ability to make rational, realistic, and sound decisions based on consideration of all the facts and alternatives available.
• Ability to develop, lead and implement projects which cross business unit and functional boundaries.
• Ability to understand the 'bigger picture', through thinking innovatively. Being outward looking whilst being able to translate the main business drivers of the project into deliverables, plans and specific outcomes.
• Understands customer’s needs and takes appropriate action to meet their requirements.
• Strong time management skills and motivation – ability to work to deadlines and under pressure
• Manages levels of stress in an appropriate manner, which ensures that standards of work are maintained and deadlines met.
• Ability to manage a project budget.
Interested to find out more? Apply now to become part of the FIS team! We look forwards to recieving your application.