Programme Manager/Delivery Manager - Technology Operations
IT at Schroders is not just about technology; it's about problem solving using cutting edge technology to support the business and deliver high end solutions. We encourage innovation and value excellence. We are a global function that's managed locally and this allows us to develop and deploy systems and processes across our international offices. To learn how we've grown, explore our interactive timeline to see how we've been shaping financial futures since our very beginnings.
The Global Operations Technology function supports a number of business processes such as; Transaction Operations, Cash Operations, Reconciliations, Investment Accounting, Performance and Attribution, Reporting and Fund Operations.
The Technology team works very closely with the Operations business to create a Technology platform with an emphasis on a stable operating environment that can function at multiple speeds and levels of scale. Our primary goal is to deliver value through Technology domain expertise and robust solutions to our customers.
The teams operate under an agile operating model (based on the SAFe methodology) facing off to defined capabilities within our business.
We have implemented the Aladdin platform that covers a number of our more traditional Investment processes and provides full support for the trade lifecycle. Typically the solutions provided in this group are complimentary to Aladdin and also involve maintaining the APIs with Aladdin.
We also recognise that successfully balancing personal and professional commitments brings out the best in our teams and therefore all roles in Global Technology are reviewed for suitability for flexible working arrangements. At present with this specific opportunity it is expected to require 5 working days per week. We passionately believe that individual performance is enhanced by embracing the whole individual and structuring a working environment that supports them.
You will be responsible for the overall strategy, technical architecture and delivery of solutions to the Transaction Operations team within Schroders.
Transaction Operations compromises of the following functions; trade operations, derivative operations, client and fund flow processing, miscellaneous cash processing, asset servicing, reconciliations, transitions (on-boarding), Transaction & Positional reporting to third parties and financial messaging (SWIFT, FIX, FpML, CTM etc.)
The position has responsibility for a team of circa 15 FTE predominantly based in the city of London.
- Responsible for the roadmap, strategy, technical architecture, design and delivery of the Transaction Operations platform.
- Line Management responsibility for the Transaction Operations capability aligned team
- Define and ensure adherence to policies, procedures, standards and engagement models that impact the overall service offered by the Transaction Operations capability aligned team
- Monitor, manage and control all Development activities, services & suppliers to ensure adherence to policies and standards and to maximise ROI.
- Drive continuous improvement within the Transaction Operations capability aligned team. Ensure the balance between in house and 3rd party providers is appropriate and ensure skill levels of team members are maintained and relevant to both the role they are performing and to support the growth of the team.
- Responsibility for research into new technologies and evaluating benefits to the improvement and enhancement of the Transaction Operations Platform and Development Service.
- Responsibility for the budget and associated management information and reporting.
- Educated to at least undergraduate degree level in a numerate subject, preferably computer science or similar
- A Technology Leader who can drive the next stage development of our Transaction Operations Technology platform
- Will have managed delivery to a global client base and involving delivery teams in more than one location
- Ability to deal credibly with Transaction Operations business staff and technical users at all levels of the organisation, with strong senior stakeholder management skills
- An individual with both strong business and technical skills, must have detailed knowledge of Investment Management workflow and Financial Messaging protocols
- Have a demonstrable track record of delivering large scale change
- Strong understanding of software development and architecture principles, Microsoft and Cloud technologies
- Proven track record of managing successful engagements with 3rd party vendors, offshore and near-shore
- Strong people management and leadership skills, must have the ability to drive collaboration across stakeholder groups and IT teams
- Inter-personal skills; tact, patience, courtesy, good listening skills
- Strong self-organisation, time management and prioritisation skills, with the ability to work on multiple priorities in parallel
- Ability to operate under pressure and deliver to demanding deadlines
- Is able to provide a mentoring capability to management team members
- Comfortable working in a fast paced environment & reacting proactively to change
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills