Project Manager - Digital Business Banking (Mobile) Big Bank Funding. FinTech Thinking.
Our technology teams in the UK work closely with HSBC's global businesses to help design and build digital services that allow our millions of customers around the world, to bank quickly, simply and securely. We also run and manage our IT infrastructure, data centres and core banking systems that power the world's leading international bank.
Our multi-disciplined teams include: DevOps engineers, IT architects, front and back end developers, infrastructure specialists, cyber experts , as well as project and programme managers.
We work in small, agile DevOps teams with colleagues around the world from our offices at the Bluefin Building in Southwark, our global headquarters in Canary Wharf, and multiple other locations around the UK including Sheffield, Leeds, Barnsley and Birmingham.
Following extensive investment across our Technology and Digital domains and with plans for continued expansion throughout 2019 and beyond, we are currently seeking a Project Manager
to join HSBC Digital Business Banking - Mobile.
Digital Business Banking (DBB) is the next generation digital banking platform serving 650 thousand of HSBC's UK SME customers.
DBB is the culmination of multi-year major transformation programme to fully replace and re-platform HSBC UK's legacy business banking web and mobile services, using the latest technologies and DevOps practices to deliver a user-centric, 24*7*365, full service offering.
The change agenda is driven by the completion of the core transformation roadmap, migration of customers to the new platform and increasingly, key regulatory commitments in the Open Banking and PSD2 arena. What you will be doing;
Qualifications What you will bring to the role;
- Influence the project approach, building stakeholder buy-in around the project plan, commitments and changes.
- Support Technology teams to manage delivery proactively, balancing scope, schedule, resourcing, dependencies, communications, budget
- Work with the Technology team and Product Owner to drive improvements in productivity through backlog management, maturity in the use of Agile methodologies (e.g. Scrum, Kanban, Lean), and corresponding management of dependencies
- Oversee process discipline and improvements in areas of expertise, such as: disciplined agile software delivery, production support processes, continuous DevOps pipelines development.
- Ensure adherence to standard controls and drives teams to achieve compliance and framework, capability management, Security controls and technology architecture designs
- Establish effective governance and controls, in line with Business Transformation Framework and coordination of cross technology teams, cross Global Business/Global Functions delivery
To be successful in this role you should have proven experience within the Technology sector with knowledge of the following skills:
- A solid track history of Technology Change
- Experience in delivering Mobile Applications, ideally in the financial sector
- Experience of Dev-Ops, Agile methodology and agile tools (Jira, confluence)
- Skilled in directing the efforts of geographically dispersed delivery teams, particularly India
- Experience in banking or financial institutions
- Professional qualification held - PMP, PgMP, Prince2, PBA, CBAP or equivalent
The location for this role is at the HSBC global head office - 8 Canada Square, London. Come Power a Business that Defines How to Power the World
HSBC offers the opportunity to develop a fulfilling career within a supportive and inclusive environment. We aim to be a place where everyone can achieve their full potential, regardless of their background. This is why HSBC is committed to being an inclusive employer and encourages applications from all suitably qualified applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.
We want everyone to be able to fulfil their potential which is why we provide a range of flexible working arrangements and family friendly policies.
As an HSBC employee in the UK, you will have access to tailored professional development opportunities and a competitive pay and benefits package. This includes private healthcare for all UK-based employees, enhanced maternity and adoption pay and support when you return to work, and a contributory pension scheme with a generous employer contribution.
Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.