Project Manager - Global Finance Change
- Londres, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni
- Intérim, Plein-temps
- HSBC Bank plc
- 06 déc. 17 2017-12-06
The Project Manager is part of the leadership team managing change initiation, design and delivery and is accountable for successful delivery of the project and ensuring benefits realisation. The Project Manager is experienced in Project Management who effectively manages and guides others by ensuring effective governance is followed with early escalation and triage of issues. IFRS 16 is an IASB standard on Leases which requires to be implemented by 1 January 2019.
The IFRS 16 Project Manager is required to lead the governance on a Global Finance regulatory change project with a challenging delivery timeline in 2018. There is complexity due to organisation reach - global across both Finance and HOST - with ensuing stakeholder challenges. There are several workstreams to manage and c30 project roles (excluding IT).
The IFRS 16 Project Manager will:
- Influence strategy and shape the project approach, building stakeholder buy-in around the project plan, commitments and changes.
- Report progress, issues, dependencies and risks to programme leadership and steering committees as appropriate and make recommendations to influence decision making in order to maintain progress towards delivery and benefits realisation.
- Establish effective project controls and procedures.
- Lead weekly project workstream review meetings, ensuring early escalation and triage of issues
- Lead definition of staffing, responsibilities and schedules.
- Drive project delivery proactively, balancing scope, schedule, budget and risks.
- Set high expectations concerning quality and put in place quality assurance processes.
- Manage relationships with external suppliers.
- Provide visible leadership to maintain a focus on how the project aligns to its objectives and where appropriate, to the change portfolio across Finance.
- Drive the adoption of Business Transformation Framework (BTF) standards and work in alignment with BTF methodology at all times.
- Lead the team to meet performance targets aligned to programme / project objectives (has functional responsibility).
Candidates applying must have:
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in business, finance, mathematics, related field or equivalent experience
- Accounting qualification desirable
- Relevant professional qualification desirable such as PMP or Prince 2
- Some experience in a financial services environment and / or Finance function desirable
- Proven leadership track record in dynamic environments, with the ability to support & direct large teams with diverse backgrounds and skill-sets, both locally and offshore and to maintain a global perspective
- Demonstrated good programme or project management skills and track record of delivery
- Evidence of managing projects with some complexity on one or more dimensions such as organisation reach, multiple workstreams, level of risk / business critical, scale of stakeholder engagement challenges
- Strong leadership, management, decision-making, problem-solving, and interpersonal skills
- Excellent influencing skills at all levels and ability to build consensus among a wide range of stakeholders with conflicting priorities
- Proven ability to provide expert leadership to continuously improve areas of practice
- Experience of writing papers for executive audiences
- Experience of using Clarity, CA Workbench, SharePoint (desirable but not essential)