Our cleint, a leading Quant hedge fund, hope to add a PMO to assist with their systematic buildout.
- Seeking a Project Manager with a strong Back Office background. Knowledge of Murex is needed.
- Position could potentially evolve to managing Back Office operations.
- The candidate will drive various new and on-going initiatives to implement a new Back Office infrastructure and associated workflows.
- The person will need excellent and broad understanding of technology, the front office trading requirements, and Middle and Back Office Operations with emphasis on Back Office operations.
- The candidate would consult with stakeholders, business sponsors, Portfolio managers to develop business cases and/or project charters.
- The candidate would lead collaborations within Brevan Howard and with affiliates and Service providers to ensure that effective communication channels and SLAs are established and maintained at all time, even beyond completion of a particular project.
- The candidate will provide technology leadership and build strong vendor relationships to influence product roadmaps while managing the current book of work.
Responsibilities of the Role:
- Project Management:
- Plan and deliver on projects
- Tracking & coordination and reporting
- Assist with technology administration work – preparing documents, diagrams
- Document policies, procedures and standards
- Shape up knowledgebase / wiki
- Help with planning, functional design, liaising with end-users and Technology teams on business related project deliverables.
- Participate in BRD and Functional Design document creation
- External coordination - vendors, counter parties, technical review of agreement, etc.
- Internal coordination
- Within technology function
- With other functions e.g. legal, procurement
- Experience working in a similar role.
The Back Office team is ensuring that trades across the full range of asset classes have been completely and accurately captured from trade execution/booking and all the way through to reconciliation with counterparties and third party systems. Some of the services are described below:
- Reconciliation of Client Positions
- Trade affirmation through middleware platforms (including Omgeo CTM, Markitwire, Icelink) and T0 counterparty trade reconciliations
- Ensure positions and trade details recorded in internal systems match external parties (clearers, custodians, prime brokers, counterparties)
- Facilitate the timely resolution of position and trade breaks
- Life Cycle Event Management
- Facilitation of option expiry processes and other contractual obligations
- Corporate event and credit event processing
- Compression and novation processing
- Multi Product Processing
- Equities, Rates, FX, Credit, Commodities
- Securities, listed derivatives, OTC