Project Manager (Stress testing/IFRS experience)
- Londres, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni Londres Angleterre GB
- Intérim, Plein-temps
- HSBC Bank plc
- 19 juil. 18 2018-07-19
We are looking for an experience Project Manager to join the Group Risk Economics team.
Project: HSBC uses a firm of macroeconomic advisers to support the generation and expansion of economic forecasts and scenarios by Group Risk Economics (GRE) in Risk Strategy. The forecasts and scenarios are generated for the purposes of stress testing, IFRS 9 Forward Economic Guidance (FEG) and Business Planning.
The Group Risk Economics team is conducting an Economic Supplier Review exercise, looking at alternative companies for the purposes of appropriate due diligence on our incumbent suppliers at the commencement of the new IFRS 9 accounting standard, especially with its dependence on rigorously produced forward economic guidance.
Phase 1 of the project is complete. It entailed an assessment of the current supplier against HSBC expectations and establishment of high level requirements. Phase 1 also entailed selection of a potential alternative vendor following a Request for Proposal process.
Phase 2 is currently in progress. It entails HSBC working alongside the selected alternative vendor on a "Parallel Proving" exercise, to undertake a parallel scenario expansion for IFRS 9 forward economic guidance and to a complete Stress Test expansion using the PRA 2018 scenario. The parallel IFRS 9 forward economic guidance will be used in credit models to prepare a parallel set of Expected Credit Loss estimates. Phase 2 is expected to end in September 2018.
Phase 3 consists of implementation and transition to the alternative vendor, if selected. A period of negotiation, data analysis, transition-planning, credit model revision, internal communication, will be undertaken, followed by a period of as-live testing in Q4 2018/Q1 2019.
Knowledge and experience
Experienced and seasoned delivery focused PM
- Demonstrable experience in delivery in complex cross functional stakeholder environment
- Able to deal at C-suite level and run ExEc Steering Committees
- Experience and good understanding (if not in depth SME) of Economic data feeds (macro and micro level data)
- Understands usage and impact of such data feeds on both Stress, capital and financial analysis models
- Useful if they have experience of onboarding a new source / feed vendor
- Useful if they experience of managing and overseeing procurement of a third party vendor