Prop Traders Required - Quant Hedge Fund Trading Role
- Total Package: £55k - £70k (Experience Dependent)
- Londres, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni Londres Angleterre GB
- CDI, Plein-temps
- OCR Alpha
- 16 juil. 18 2018-07-16
A growing High Frequency Hedge Fund is looking to add an additional person to their Trading team. Despite their HQ being in London this role will be based in their Channel Islands office. Someone with a strong academic background and between 1 and 5 years post-graduation experience in Prop Trading would best suit this role. A re-location package is provided to incentivise those to make the move.
The team has been expanding over the past few years and comprises of in excess of 30 people, with further growth expected this year and next. This person will join their Execution Desk and will have exposure to all major Global Markets. The successful candidate will gain significant experience with execution of trades, market structures, analysing trading strategies/signals and the opportunity to develop coding skills.
While the location of this role may present a hurdle, the upside is that it provides a rare opportunity for someone to break into the Hedge Fund sector and gain Front Office experience in a Quantitative trading environment. If you are someone looking to move away from Prop Trading and perhaps break into the booming Algo trading side of the industry then this opportunity would be a fantastic place to begin, furthering someone’s career immensely.
Private accommodation is provided as part of the re-location package and the monetary benefits of working for a Hedge Fund in a tax haven environment make it a very lucrative opportunity.
Responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Monitoring algorithmic trading for multiple strategies across global regions including London, New York and Tokyo. Primarily across FX, Commodities, Equities and Swaps
- Highlight any anomalies in trading and work out why this may be the case, halting trading in any securities/markets if necessary
- Improving current trading strategies and analysing any underperformance of the current strategies and how to better them
- Preparation of strategies prior to market open – ensuring that services are connected to brokers/exchange, inserting of corporate actions, correcting any errors in the process etc.
- Monitor any latency which may occur during trading and investigate
- Monitoring risk parameters
- Analysing opportunities to expand the company’s current signals
- Actively work with Software Developers and Quants to improve in house systems and the strategic performance of the funds
- Improving the efficiency of the company’s process – exchange costings, new order types, new brokers
- Interface between different areas of the business to implement any new changes.
- Relevant experience from working in a Trading firm, Hedge Fund or Investment Bank.
- Graduated with a minimum 2:1 Degree from a reputable university.
- Good Excel skills
- A competitive 'London' salary is offered, along with substantial bonus potential. Accommodation in ‘plush’ shared private housing is also paid for as part of the package.