See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
• You will work as a Developer primarily writing code in Python.
• We are Open Source – contribute to the global community on a leading project.
• We move quickly – your code can be live in a few hours. Benefiting thousands of users worldwide.
• High quality – our software is very well written, extensively tested, clearly documented.
• Strong client focused – you will work directly with end-users in helping them use our platform
• Travel is a possibility to meet with users of our tools around the globe.
We are a team that writes Python libraries that are core to thousands of applications across Morgan Stanley. Our team provides libraries for trading applications, developer tools, system automation, all with a focus upon the front-office business.
Our software is developed in Python, with high-performance components in compiled code and a Web UI written with React. The team works closely with end users to evolve our libraries, create new functionality and influence development practices. We have released some of our projects as Open Source onto Github.com and are active participants in Financial Industry Open Source community. We are a development team providing code to other developers, as such there is no production monitoring or support workload.
Upcoming challenges include innovating with internal cloud & container platforms, integration with Jupyter, and expand to support new trading technologies (e.g. FPGA). We have adopted Agile SDLC. This is a growing area in Morgan Stanley, we are investing in our software technologies to support the firms Agile & DevOps transformation. Qualifications:
• Good Python knowledge
• Financial Services experience
• Knowledge of Market Data
• Willingness to create developer oriented technical documentation.
• Knowledge of financial technologies (e.g. FIX) is useful but not essential
• Mathematics degree would be advantageous
The salary of this role is competitive.
The closing date for applications is 26/06/2019
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.*LI-RJ1