Python Developer (VP) Asset Management
- £100,000 + competitive bonus and benefits
- Londres, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni Londres Angleterre GB
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Bond McKenzie
- 21 juin 18 2018-06-21
This is an exciting new career opportunity, to be the 1st Python Developer to join a top level global Investment Management organisation's tactical development team, creating and building a suite of greenfield tactical applications and introducing Python to the existing technology stack, which is mainly in VBA and Matlab Don't miss out on this one, apply now!
This new Python Developer role, is an important position, with responsibility for leading the initiative to create new and build upon the existing suite of applications, updating and re-engineering Excel, VBA and MatLab models and building out greenfield applications in Python. This includes formalising the build, release and deployment process of Python applications.
If you have some or all of the follwing skills and experience, apply now to be considered for an interview next week:-
- Experience working on, and preferably building and organising larger enterprise and multi-developer python projects
- Passionate about technology, taking a software engineering approach, curious and knowledgeable about what python can do – and how it does it (under the hood)
- Knowledge of Python Standard Library – exceptions, logging, arguments, iterators, list comprehensions, generators, decorators, context managers
- Experience how (and why) to structure and organise code – modules, packages Unit tests and debugging – ideally with a TDD background
- How to select testing frameworks and continuous integration platforms
- Knows how to set up python environment, package management & virtual environments
- Experience of OO design and development and understanding classes in python – use of abc package a bonus
- Familiarity with numerical packages pandas/numpy – and know why these are good
- Confidence and experience to peer review other developers code
- Able to guide quant developers and modellers (non-software engineers) to write structured code adhering to agreed standards and style.
Apply now! Don't miss out on this one. .