OSTTRA's MarkitServ Testing Division is a vibrant team of members whose primary focus is on the testing phase of the product development cycle. The group also has a responsibility to champion quality and process improvements in the delivery of all applications that will be onboarded on new (micro-services based) platforms. Platforms are extensively using CD model and cutting-edge technologies viz Git, OpenShift, Elastic Search, Python, Cucumber Framework and Protractor Framework.
The strategic direction is the global harmonisation of this platform and onboarding various applications across the BU on this. The QA group is technically supporting cross functional teams through an elaborate QA Infra automation and performance test suite. The QA group works across several locations - UK, India and US.
You will be a key player in the UK based QA team working alongside team members in India, UK and US on critical Agile/Waterfall projects. Closely coordinating with Developers, Business Analysts and Project Management on day-on-day sprint deliveries. You will also be working closely with Product, Application Support and Operation teams to support issues found in UAT and Production.
A good understanding of BDD and financial background is preferable as the individual will liaise with Technology Leads, Development Teams, Business Analysts, Product Development, Product Managers, Operations/Evaluators and Application Support Teams.
Duties & accountabilities
- Work closely with the product team to understand requirements from a business perspective.
- Coordinate with Product and QA teams to ensure the specifications are implemented in Gherkin format and thus easier implementation to a BDD automation framework.
- Design and write maintainable automated feature scripts using Java, Cucumber/Gherkin, as well as manual tests as required.
- Execute/run test cases, review test results and report defects, and clearly report on progress and results.
- Coordinate with Product and Dev teams on requirement gaps and functional issues resolution.
- Maintain, upgrade and patch QA environments.
- Work closely with Product and Application support teams to investigate client issues.
- Ability to work autonomously, flexibly and to prioritise work, raising risks as necessary.
- Coordinate with the performance test team to provide the necessary functional details.
- The candidate should have strong desire to be a functional tester with the technical capability to maintain tests. (This is not a complete technical role)
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal, and a collaborative work ethic.
- Occasionally be available for out of hours support on a needs basis to support issue resolution.
Good to Have
- Understanding and hands-on experience of the Investment Banking Domain
- Good understanding of Financial Products
- Understanding of FPML schema designing, XML messaging/MQ's & assisting BA functions
- Trade Lifecycle & Workflow Understanding
- Programming experience in Java
- Testing Certifications - ISTQB
- Domain Certifications - NCFM, CFA Foundation
Education and experience
- University Graduate with a Computer Science or an Engineering degree.
- Strong Background in Testing Methodology.
- 4-7 years in a structured testing organization.
- Good exposure of working in an agile environment and geographically distributed teams.
- Experience with open shift and AWS based micro service-based platforms is preferrable.
- Knowledge of OTC Derivatives, Trade's Lifecycle, Regulatory/Compliance, Front-end trade booking applications.
- Understanding of BDD test framework is a plus.
- Management experience not required.
- A self-starter who balances personal initiative with team initiatives.
- Ability to work well in a dynamic environment with rapidly changing priorities and requirements.
- Excellent verbal and writing skills.
- Good communication and collaboration skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely on all levels (team, management and customers).
- Ability to work well in a global team with lots of direct contact both inside the team and to the users of the service.
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here .
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.