About the Client
Our client is a top-tier hedge fund run by engineers backed by a renowned multi-billion family office.
Using cutting edge technologies and complex algorithms, they analyse petabytes of structured and unstructured data to trade in a way which is impossible for humans. Their trading is entirely automated. The team is focused on solving complex and challenging problems that grow their business.
They have a huge amount of new work to do: new markets, new instruments, new data, new execution venues. It would be an exciting opportunity to join the team and be a part of growing the business and delivering tangible results within a quant developer position.
The role has a variety of core responsibilities as well as project opportunities and will evolve as the business grows. Sample tasks could be:
● Contribute to the development of our technology and automation of routine tasks.
● Improve execution/alphas through back testing/analysis.
● Assist in the deployment and verification of upgrades to our production environment’s technical infrastructure, custom trading applications, market data distribution plant, etc.
● Onboard and organise new data sets.
● Help launch new strategies and model.
● Learn, try and implement new technologies (we love open source).
● Proactively deal with monitoring alerts and help develop the monitoring platform.
● Provide support for issues.
● Design and implement trading infrastructure, build data analytics tools or develop real-time execution strategies.
● Work on complex computational and data related problems. Implement efficient and innovative solutions.
● Build tools and engine that enhance our ability to analyse data and contribute to improve workflow.
● Support post-trade activities to aid effective clearing and accurate record-keeping.
● Development and maintenance of all our systems, including Linux servers and desktops, databases, storage solutions, etc.
● Significant programming experience is a must, as is a genuine passion for solving complex problems through programming.
● You enjoy coding, rather than considering it just a tool, but want your code to have real world results and effects.
● You know about data structures and algorithms and can practically apply the knowledge to real world problems.
● You have strong communication skills and a simple, down-to-earth style when articulating your ideas.
● You’re self-directed and can effectively and independently manage your time across various projects.
● You’re honest, reliable and take pride in your work.
● You’re enthusiastic, driven to develop your skills and open to new ideas.
● You’re flexible, adaptable and can jump from individual contributor to collaborative team member.
● We deliver in a Linux environment, mainly in C++ and Python, and embrace grid computing. Skills and knowledge here would be very helpful, but not essential.
● Ideally you will have a strong undergraduate degree in a numerate discipline from a top-tier university.