Quant Trader, Foreign Exchange
- Londres, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni Londres Angleterre GB
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Norges Bank Investment Management
- 17 juil. 18 2018-07-17
Norges Bank Investment Management manages the Government Pension Fund Global, and has assets worth about 8,500 billion kroner, or about $1 trillion. The fund is invested in international equity and fixed-income markets and real estate. As manager of one of the world's largest funds we have developed a highly skilled investment organisation with a global outlook. We are more than 530 people from 30 countries based in Oslo, London, New York, Singapore and Shanghai.
Norges Bank Investment Management is seeking a numerate, dedicated and results oriented professional for the position of Quant Trader, Foreign Exchange. Foreign exchange trading is part of the Financing department within our Asset Strategies area. In addition to FX trading, Financing team has responsibility for securities lending & cash management, and has team members in New York, London, Oslo, and Singapore. The FX trading team aggregates portfolio currency positions and trades all FX for the fund in freely convertible currencies.
Your role will be to help manage all FX positions and execution, research new trading strategies and improve existing strategies.
This is an ideal role for candidates with a strong quantitative background who have been involved with systematic execution to move into a role that offers an opportunity to develop and manage execution-driven strategies.
The position is located in London and will report to the Head of FX (also in London). Occasional travel will be required.
• Managing FX execution risk of the fund within mandated limits and trading excess risk in an efficient manner
• Contributing to the development and implementation of alternative trading strategies
• Improving current trading processes, applications, and technology to help create market leading trading capabilities
• Establishing close working relationships with internal stakeholders: PMs, (Fixed Income/Equity/Repo) Traders, System Managers, Operations, Compliance
• Contributing to a hardworking, high-performing team with a focus on results
• Managing counterparty relationships
Main Qualifications: The successful applicant will have the following background / skills
• Master’s degree in a quantitative discipline with strong academic credentials
• Experience with DMA & electronic algorithm development
• Well versed in working with intra-day data with some experience of modelling intra-day markets
• Some knowledge of microstructure price formation process in FX/Equity
• Strong programming skills (e.g. Python/R/MATLAB) are a must
• Knowledge of FX markets is a big plus
• High level of integrity, ambition to excel, result-oriented, problem-solving
• Excellent collaboration and communication skills with strong proficiency in written and spoken English
Norges Bank Investment Management can offer a rewarding, international fast-paced working environment, and the opportunity to play a role in safeguarding and building financial wealth for future generations as part of one of the world’s largest funds. NBIM has a performance culture that values the contribution of every individual and focuses on professional growth.
Norges Bank Investment Management is committed to ensuring Equal Opportunities for all employees.
Salary offer is competitive.
Contact details: Questions regarding the position may be directed to Ankur Pruthi, Head of FX, email@example.com
Due to GDPR we cannot accept CV’s via email. We can only accept applications via the portal. Please register an online application via the career portal on www.nbim.no .
Opening date for applications is 22nd June 2018
Deadline for application is 20th July 2018 23:00 CET
NO AGENCIES PLEASE