Quantitative Analyst - European Real Estate
About the opportunity About Fidelity's Real Estate Business
The real estate business was founded in 2006 and launched its first funds for institutional investors in 2008, since when it has attracted well over 50 blue-chip clients from the UK, continental Europe and Asia. The experienced team of fund managers, analysts and operations professionals are based in six locations across Europe (London, Paris, Frankfurt, Munich, Amsterdam and Luxembourg). The team has established outstanding performance track records in its flagship Eurozone and UK funds and won a major separate account with one of the largest asset management firms in the Middle East. We will continue to grow existing products, but the key focus now is on accelerating growth by expanding our product range and developing our offerings for a wider range of clients. As a long-term investor, our goal is to be one of the major real estate fund managers in Europe. As a major strategic growth area for Fidelity, this is an exciting time to be joining the business. Purpose of the Role
This position offers an exciting opportunity to join a real estate team that has been truly pioneering in its development of quantitative analysis and risk modelling, winning a major industry award for our work from the Institute of Risk Management. We believe our quant tools are far ahead of our competitors and almost certainly unique within real estate. As the business is growing strongly, we need to ensure our proprietary data and analytics tools are able to be scaled up for significant expansion over the next few years and are continuously evolving to adapt to new business requirements and ensuring that we stay ahead of the competition.
The successful candidate will help implement and maintain the new generation of quant library that supports investment decision making, portfolio risk management and client pitching; convert analytical thought piece into reusable and scalable analytics to demonstrate our excellence to investors; collaborate with non-technical users and be confident in communicating with different business stakeholders. Hence, it's crucial for the successful candidate to have the following skills and experiences: Essential Skills and Experience
Desirable Skills and Experience
- Quantitative modelling and coding implementation in pricing / risk management / strategy design from any financial asset class, ideally in Python.
- Strong statistics and maths background.
- Candidates with strong Object Oriented Programming (OOP) background in a different programming language are welcome to apply if they have experience of full-time python programming in professional production environment.
- Have solid grounding in structuring code that follows object-oriented design principle.
- Have good discipline in testing, such as writing unit tests in parallel with coding new features, familiar with continuous integration testing in deployment process.
- Familiar with distributed source control (Git).
- Be able to interact with database in SQL efficiently, script simple procedures and functions.
- A good first degree in computer science or a highly numerical subject.
About you About Fidelity International
- Knowledge of real estate investment process
- Experience with data visualization python libraries.
- Front end user interface implementation
- ARGUS API
- Another object-oriented programming language
Fidelity International offers investment solutions and services and retirement expertise to more than 2.5 million customers globally. As a privately held, purpose-driven company with a 50-year heritage, we think generationally and invest for the long term. Operating in more than 25 countries and with $739.9 billion in total assets, our clients range from central banks, sovereign wealth funds, large corporates, financial institutions, insurers and wealth managers, to private individuals.
Our Workplace & Personal Financial Health business provides individuals, advisers and employers with access to world-class investment choices, third-party solutions, administration services and pension guidance. Together with our Investment Solutions & Services business, we invest $567 billion on behalf of our clients. By combining our asset management expertise with our solutions for workplace and personal investing, we work together to build better financial futures.
Our clients come from all walks of life and so do we. We are proud of our inclusive culture and encourage applications from the widest mix of talent, whatever your age, gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, social background and more.
As a flexible employer, we trust our people to perform their role in the way that works best for them, our clients and our business. We are a disability-friendly company and would welcome a conversation with you if you feel you might benefit from any reasonable adjustments to perform to the best of your ability during the recruitment process and beyond. Data as at 31 March 2021. Read more at https://www.fidelityinternational.com/
Applying to this Job Role: Please note you are only required to upload your CV/Resume to the application screen.