Quantitative Analyst, CCR Models
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
- Awareness and understanding of Counterparty Credit Risk (CCR), and economic and market environment in which the Group operates
- Develop stress testing methodologies and tools for CCR in compliance with internal and regulatory requirements;
- Run and improve the processes designed to monitor existing CCR model performance, analyse their output and prepare reports for stakeholders;
- Develop new counterparty credit risk exposure methodologies and supporting implementation of a robust risk measurement framework for the purpose of effective risk management and regulatory capital calculation;
- Assist credit risk reporting functions in the development of effective reporting tools enabling responsive and proactive reviews of the trading book credit risk exposure.
- Support Traded Risk Management activities in improving stress testing processes;
- Support CCR model development, implementation and monitoring processes.
- Provide technical and methodological support to credit risk managers, traders, and other stakeholders in accurate quantification of CCR exposure of new transactions;
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Awareness and understanding of the regulatory framework, in which the Group operates, and the regulatory requirements specific to CCR.
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group's Code of Conduct.
- Lead the [SG / Enterprise Risk Management /Counterparty Credit Risk Models] to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles: [Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Exercise authorities delegated by the Management Board and act in accordance with Articles of Association (or equivalent)
- Counterparty Credit Risk Models
- Traded Risk Measurement
- Enterprise Risk Analytics
- Traded Risk Management
- Group Model Validation
- Risk Data Quality
Our Ideal Candidate
- Assist in Local Regulatory Request relating to Risk Management
- Masters or PHD in Financial Mathematics, Statistics, Science, or Engineering
- Quantitative work experience in a financial institution, preferably in derivatives area and poses a good understanding counterparty credit risk.
- Strong academic / professional background in financial mathematics (derivatives models, probability theory, stochastic calculus);
- Understanding of financial markets, traded derivative products and counterparty credit risk;
- Strong programming skills;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. In particular, the ability to explain technical topics to a non-technical audience;
- Organized and self-motivated person with ability to work independently as well as in a team and have the ability to manage multiple initiatives in parallel.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages .