Leading Global Energy Trading business is now seeking to hire an experienced Quantitative Credit Risk Manager to join their London trading team. This is key high profile role within their Credit Risk team with high levels of interaction with the front office.
You will be responsible for developing and managing the quantitative and reporting tools within the Credit department. In addition you will assess the credit exposure scenarios for existing and new transactions and quantify the applicable credit price (CVA) and develop and constantly improve the quantitative and reporting tools of the Credit department in collaboration with other departments.
Working with the Front office traders you will provide support on specific transactions and quantify the credit pricing (CVA) within a specific commodity transaction or a portfolio of transactions. You will also propose and manage credit mitigation strategies for new transactions and existing positions.
To be considered for this role you will need:
• Ten years’ experience in similar roles within an energy trading company or financial institution
• Good understanding of physical and financial energy commodities
• Able to manage independently all the aspects of credit exposure modelling and credit pricing computation (CVA)
• Understanding of energy commodity derivative contract terms
• Excellent knowledge of Excel and VBA language
• Knowledge of MATLAB will be an advantage but not strictly required for the role
• Good knowledge of risk management techniques
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills. Strong influencing skills, focused and resilient