Quantitative Engineer - Eqs Cash Algo Dev Accelerate
ENGINEERING What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets .
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here. Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment. THE ROLE
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Execution Services Strats are responsible for the quantitative and technical aspects of electronic execution. This ranges from algorithmic trading, exchange connectivity, smart order routing, pre- and post-trade analysis and quantitative research.
- The Algo Development team within Execution Services Strats is focused on designing and implementing the next generation of Java-based trading algorithms upon a new low latency platform; tailoring algorithms to each client's specific needs; using client feedback to drive product development through continual interaction with the broader team.
- The role will focus on all aspects of the build-out of new Algorithms including contributing to decisions on both the design of the business logic and of the framework they will operate within. This is a multi-year greenfield initiative where the first algorithm went live in 2020 with many more to follow.
- Design, build and maintain the next generation of highly specialized, low latency Equities trading strategies.
- Work closely with Quants to implement and rigorously back test signals and models.
- Observe, measure and act proactively to continuously improve performance of trading strategies.
- Communicate with traders, sales and compliance officers about new feature requests, explanation of existing features etc.
- Bachelors or Master's degree in computer science or engineering or equivalent experience
- Thorough knowledge of Java programming concepts
- Strong knowledge of object oriented programming and design patterns
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work in a team
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Familiarity with Global Equities Markets
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- Experience building re-usable building blocks and API's for trading strategies that can be deployed in global markets; experience building tools for performance analysis, back testing and visualization
- Good knowledge of Java performance tuning for low latency and GC-free real-time operation
- Over 3 years' relevant experience in Financial industry (algorithmic trading, automation of trader workflows, HFT strategies)
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity