Quantitative Engineer - Eqs GSET Platform Accelerate
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets .
At Goldman Sachs, our culture is one of teamwork, innovation and meritocracy. We often say our people are our greatest asset and we take pride in supporting each colleague both professionally and personally. From collaborative work spaces and mindfulness classes to working from home and flexible work options, we offer our people the support they need to reach their goals in and outside the office.
Goldman Sachs Electronic Trading (GSET) has launched an initiative to become the top provider in electronic trading by building superior technology and delivering high quality products. This vision is a multi-year investment in people, platforms and products. Join the team, and participate in the development and launch of best in class products for top clients across the industry. We are looking for eager, nimble and ambitious engineers to join our growing team of visionaries, and drive GSET to achieve and exceed our goals. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS Your Impact
The GSET Platform team build the core services and components of our electronic trading platform for our clients, ranging from positions management & resource distribution, through to client workflow & controls. Product aligned development build our algo and SOR products on top of this platform. Our low latency platform is built with speed, reliability and resiliency in mind where every micro-second counts and uptime is critical. We work directly with our Product Development function to build new functionality for clients, adapt the platform to meet regulatory and industry changes as we expand into new markets.
As a member of the team, you will play an integral role on the trading floor. This is a dynamic, entrepreneurial team with a passion for technology and the markets, with individuals who thrive in a fast-paced changing environment. The team takes a data driven approach to decision making and you should be willing to participate in the full product lifecycle from requirements gathering, design, implementation, testing, support, and monitoring. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Oversee and manage projects both within our own area and externally, working with colleagues in other Engineering areas as well as other relevant teams - e.g. Post-Trade, Compliance, Legal.
• Design, build and maintain high-performance, high-availability, high-capacity, yet nimble and adaptive platforms satisfying a range of business needs.
- Work in partnership with the wider engineering & product teams to design and implement best-in-class solutions.
- Work closely with our counterpart teams globally to ensure we're building features and systems that can be reused, and leveraging work and experience from the other regions.
- Significant professional experience in Equities Trading Technology, specifically client facing order management systems (OMSs) and surrounding infrastructure, ideally in a high performance, low latency environment.
- Proven experience in managing small to medium sized projects and/or teams.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- Prior experience with event sourcing (sequenced core stream) based architecture
- Experience developing distributed architecture systems and messaging protocols
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity