Quantitative Financial Engineer- Asset Management Division - Private Strats
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB OUR IMPACT
Goldman Sachs is a world leading Investment Bank. Engineers at Goldman comprise of Strategists [aka. Quantitative Financial Engineers] and Technologist. Both teams work together to provide Quantitative and Computational solutions to critical business problems, helping the Firm and our Clients solve commercial problems in a collaborative apprenticeship-style global environment.
The Asset Management Division (AMD) is one of the four key revenue generating Divisions of the Firm. The Division invests in a wide range of global asset classes including: Corporate Debt and Private Equity, Real Estate, Growth Equity and Infrastructure worldwide. The Private Alternative Investment businesses within AMD invests the Firm's own capital and capital raised from outside investors, and consists of over 900 professionals in 25 offices in 15 countries. We operate on a global platform and are one of the largest managers of private capital globally.
AMD Engineers collaborate with investing and finance professionals to create quantitative computer models and web applications to support all aspects of the investing and lending life cycle. We create quantitative models and developing software applications to help structure, value, hedge, risk manage the investments in our portfolios. Members hold advanced degrees in Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics and Physics. The team proactively collaborates with colleagues globally to ensure the most appropriate and scalable solutions are implemented to everyone's benefit. In EMEA our Engineering team comprises of 30+ Strats and Technologists.
At Goldman Sachs, our culture is one of teamwork, innovation and meritocracy. We often say our people are our greatest asset and we take pride in supporting each colleague both professionally and personally. From collaborative work spaces and mindfulness classes to working from home and flexible work options, we offer our people the support they need to reach their goals in and outside the office RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS RESPONSIBILITIES: We are interested in individuals who have strong quantitative and coding skills and a continued interest to learn about finance. As a Quantitative Financial Engineer (
Risk Modelling ) in AMD
Engineering you will have the opportunity to help i dentify new opportunities for Engineering to advance the businesses and to work on many different types of projects, such as:
- Providing quantitative analytics to optimise investment structure and pricing before deal underwriting / at investment stage; creating computational models for valuing bespoke investments and projecting of expected returns; and advising on fund structuring and strategy to maximize profits for investors and the Firm,
- Design, build and maintain high-performance, high-availability, high-capacity, yet nimble and adaptive software platforms for investment analysis and portfolio management; and d eliver commercially impactful portfolio management systems and tools for senior leaders.
We are looking for a hands-on Quantitative Engineer to develop critical software platforms and to enhance risk management capabilities across the Division. REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Excellent academic record with Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematical Finance or related STEM subjects
- 1+ years of practical experience building risk models or financial software in a commercial environment
- Strong programming skills in at least one programming language [eg. Matlab / Python / Java / C++ / etc.]
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with an ability to present complex technical idea to a multitude of technical and non-technical audiences
- Robust understanding of probability, statistics and knowledge of common financial models
- Pro-active attitude to problem solving, personal sense of ownership and responsibility, collaborative team-player, and a strong growth mind-set
- Ability to multitask across many parallel short-term and long-term projects, in a fast moving and dynamic commercial environment
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- MSc or above in Financial Modelling, Computer Science or related STEM subject.
- 3+ years of practical experience building financial pricing models or risk analysis systems in a commercial production environment.
- Working knowledge of Corporate Finance and Financing Mathematics [practical experience in a Front Office Strat/Tech role at an Investment Bank, Hedge Fund, or Financial Service provider].
- Detailed knowledge of at least one Financial Asset Class [eg. Corporate Loans, Corporate Bonds, Commercial Mortgages, Real Estate Assets or Private Equity], and robust understanding of probability, statistics and modern machine learning concepts.
- Strong project management experience with excellent stakeholder/client relationship management skills, and experience working within Agile teams and using JIRA tooling.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity