Quantitative Software Developer
As part of our continued growth, we are seeing an increasing demand for us to rapidly develop investment strategies for our platforms. We are therefore looking to hire an experienced technology professional to take on the role of a quantitative software developer. There will be significant opportunities to architect and develop a library responsible for running investment strategies and risk reporting systems for our clients and to achieve significant growth and responsibility within the company. It will be a highly rewarding role, with the successful applicant gaining long-term responsibility for some of the core technology used by the company. The investment platforms we are developing run on .Net core framework. Most of the development is carried out in C#, with the investment strategies currently written in F#. Specific Role Responsibilities:
- Design and implement investment strategies and risk-reporting systems based on client requests, seamlessly integrating them to our investment platforms.
- Design the software architecture of the investment strategies to allow for greater code reuse and much quicker time to market when developing new strategies.
- Devise and implement ongoing testing methodologies to ensure the investment strategies you implement meet the requirements of the specification.
- Ongoing development and maintenance of the system once it has been established and implemented.
- Take part in the development of the investment platforms in general, sharing team responsibilities in development and testing.
- Input into general architecture and design aspects.
The successful applicant will be a technology professional with experience of designing, building and maintaining enterprise level back-end systems, ideally for financial applications. You will need to be able to work self-sufficiently and have the creativity and originality to come up with your own solutions to problems. In return you will enjoy a flexible working environment and will be given the freedom to make your own decisions about how to approach and solve tasks at hand, as long as deliverables are made within the given deadlines. The following are essential skills/experience:
In addition, the following would be highly desirable:
- Degree level qualification in computing or similar
- 7+ years' experience in .Net/.Net core development in C#, at an enterprise level, including web-based technologies - RESTful APIs, and database development
- Experience with quantitative development, valuation models, risk models, etc.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience with development in F# or other functional languages
- Knowledge of financial products, particularly retail investment products and platforms
- Experience of MongoDB or other NoSQL databases
- Desire to pursue new projects, and be a true stakeholder in the project
- Ambition to work in a small, fast-growing environment