To take ownership of allocated assignments in a way that meets and exceeds the clients expectations while taking responsibility for managing and developing team members.
~~Come and think independently with an organisation that’s doing the same. We’re determined to help shape a Vibrant Economy in the UK and beyond. It’s why we empower our people to bring new ideas to the table and take the lead in driving them forward. It’s invigorating. It’s inspiring. It’s creating opportunities every day for our clients, our business, and everyone here. So bring your passion, ambitions and ideas, and together, let’s make change happen.
Helping clients of all shapes and sizes, in financial services advisory we support businesses who make a major contribution to the growth of the economy in the UK and beyond. You’ll provide financial services organisations of many different sizes with the advice and solutions they need to unlock sustainable growth or navigate complex risks and challenges. You’ll help them achieve their business goals, enable them to grow sustainably and in turn help to shape a vibrant economy.
• Keeps abreast of relevant regulatory requirements and contributes to thought leadership.
• Builds a personal network from which leads could be generated.
• Contributes to developing new business from own contacts and collaborative working with FSG colleagues or others in the wider firm.
• Supports the development, launch and exploitation of new initiatives and service lines to diversify the business.
• Takes part in networking events and introduces contacts to colleagues.
• Acts as an ambassador for the firm where opportunities arise to raise the profile of FSG and Grant Thornton in the market place.
• Demonstrates an awareness of the full range of the firm's products, services and capabilities and contributes to cross selling.
• Participates in business development activities and contributes effectively to sales pitches and drafting proposals.
• Effectively manages client expectations regarding fees, delivery and deadlines.
• Keeps senior colleagues and partners informed of progress, promptly draws issues to their attention and implements agreed actions.
• Projects a confident and professional image.
• Plays an active role in the regulatory team, managing, mentoring, coaching and advising team members as appropriate and contributing to positive morale.
• Works collaboratively across all areas within the FSG to maximise our contribution to the firm and to clients.
• Acts as a role model for more junior team members and provides constructive upward feedback to more senior colleagues.
• Develops others, providing appropriate learning and development opportunities and interventions.
• Deputises for senior managers as necessary.
• Works in line with the firm's CLEARR values, of collaboration, leadership, excellence, agility, respect and responsibility.
• Seeks regular feedback and identifies and acts upon learning and development needs in order to develop technical and personal skills.
• Becomes expert (eg recognised speaker or "go to" person in department) in at least one technical area.
• Completes a timely performance reviews and personal development plan for self and others, as appropriate.
• Meets CPE requirements and completes return on time.
Operations and results
• Prepares fee estimates and budgets for client assignments and can make and justify any required changes to these as the assignment progresses.
• Ensures assignments are delivered to budget and that any variances are escalated at an early stage.
• Ensures own time is utilised effectively, as well as time of team members on their assignments, and identifies opportunities to work more efficiently.
• Ensures fees are collected in a timely manner and debtors kept to a minimum.
• Adheres to the Firm's risk management policies and is aware of changes in the Firm's approach to risk management.
• Ensures client take-on is completed in accordance with Grant Thornton risk management procedures.
• Takes day to day management responsibility for delivery of client assignments.
• Participates in the presentation of conclusions and recommendations to the client and discusses the implications and action points.
• Writes high quality, professionally presented reports, requiring minimal input from senior managers, directors and partners.
• Deputises effectively for senior managers and directors as necessary.
• Ensures all files are closed down on completed projects in accordance with Grant Thornton policy.
Who we're looking for:
Passionate about supporting, advising and helping businesses achieve their potential, you’ll be someone who wants to make a difference and shape your career and a Vibrant Economy. You’ll have strong technical skills and experience of providing clients with quality services.
You should be commercially focused with the ability to deliver innovative solutions. You should be focused on self-development as well as having the desire to coach, mentor and develop your colleagues. You must also share our CLEARR values – Collaboration, Leadership, Excellence, Agility, Respect and Responsibility.
We’re looking for people who have a strong connection with and share our core beliefs:
•Profit with a purpose that leads to a sustainable business
•We create sustainable value for our clients
•We are better together
•Our CLEARR values underpin all we do
•We never compromise on quality
Your personal development plan will help you grow your skills. And you’ll be able to progress your career within your team or by moving across our business or going on secondments in the UK and beyond. You’ll also enjoy a competitive salary and a flexible benefits package designed to meet your individual needs.
Becoming a shared enterprise
Our unique culture is built around collaboration. Everybody here plays their part. We share ideas. We share responsibility. We share the rewards. Put simply, we’re better together