Understand the requirements of the regulatory reporting environment and prepare submissions and supporting information to ensure compliance with all applicable requirements of the bank’s regulators (PRA/FCA and Bank of England). By applying strong data analysis and interpretation approaches to report preparation and validation, this role provides a key control to ensuring compliance with applicable requirements.
Support the ongoing compliance with its external and internal regulatory reporting requirements.
- Daily monitoring of the exposures arising in customer and Treasury lending against internal and regulatory limits.
- Weekly monitoring of the Top 30 exposures and deposits reports, including commentary, to Senior Management.
- Prepare regulatory returns to the regulators (PRA/FCA and Bank of England) on an accurate and timely basis, including intraday liquidity, basis risk and COREP. To include variance analysis and commentary for key movements.
- Preparation of MI and Board and Committee reports.
- Enhance regulatory knowledge of existing requirements and develop increased awareness and understanding of upcoming regulatory changes.
- Participate in projects related to forthcoming regulatory and system enhancements. Provide key input into the ongoing review and process improvements, working across Finance teams to extract efficiencies and optimize work.
What you will bring to the role:
- Strong organisation skills with the ability to prioritise work effectively & efficiently to meet reporting deadlines.
- A good understanding of prudential regulatory requirements and experience compiling various regulatory reports.
- Attention to detail in order to transform data from multiple sources into compliant external reporting and meaningful internal management information.
- A curious mindset who questions existing processes and assumption in order to improve practices and develop a deep understanding.
- An ability to engage and influence stakeholders across the bank, by building effective, collaborative relationships.
Necessary experience or qualifications:
- University Degree or equivalent as a minimum.
- Professional accounting or relevant industry qualification.
- Demonstrable experience in a financial services role (preferably banking background).
- Proven experience of extracting, validating, reconciling, and reporting regulatory data.
- Track record of implementing process improvement and facilitating system change.
- Exposure to and proven experience of regulatory reporting and requirements (COREP, Bank of England statistical reports and/or FCA submissions).