Our client is a boutique bank headquartered in London with an international presence, looking for a Regulatory and Financial Reporting accountant. The role reports directly to the head of finance, as part of a 7 person finance team.
Regulatory and Financial Reporting Accountant
Our client is a boutique bank headquartered in London with an international presence, looking for a Regulatory and Financial Reporting accountant.
The role reports directly to the head of finance, as part of a 7 person finance team.
To manage the submission of all regulatory returns on all regulatory platforms including EBA, FCA, PRA, Bank of England, to assist in all aspects of financial and tax reporting and provide cover for Senior Manager, Financial Reporting as and when required.
- Assist in the preparation/analysis of the Bank’s annual financial statements (under UK GAAP & IFRS) and liaising with external auditors where necessary.
- Assist in the preparation of the Bank’s annual Pillar 3 document to accompany the annual financial statements.
- Production of EBA, FCA, PRA and Bank of England regulatory returns (inc. COREP, FINREP, ALMM) and be able to submit on different reporting platforms (GABRIEL, BEEDS, OSCA
- Oversee balance sheet accounts & reconciliations.
- Assist in the production of CRS/FATCA reporting.
- Assist in the production/review of corporation tax and VAT returns.
- Provide periodic/ad hoc financial reports to shareholders
- Assist with on-going system, process and control improvements
- Liaise with Business lines , IT, Operations, Treasury and Risk functions as and when required
- Liaise with external and internal audit functions as and when required.
- Assist in preparation of monthly management information reports with commentary for distribution to senior management.
- Ensure compliance with laws and regulations relating to the Bank’s financial reporting and accounting function, including UK GAAP and IFRS.
- Liaising with regulatory software provider and IT department, ensuring all regulatory software upgrades are implemented successfully into test and live environments and perform subsequent testing.
- Check and verify the latest EBA/PRA taxonomy changes and validations are implemented.
- Production of financial/regulatory data for ALCO meetings.
- To provide cover for Senior Manager, Financial Reporting as and when necessary.
- Regulatory reporting experience, within banking