We are working with a top tier Pension Reinsurance business in the UK market who are actively looking to hire 3 student actuaries into the reinsurance team. These are ideal opportunities for part qualified actuaries who are looking to gain experience within a top tier firm within high calibre teams who are regarded as some of the best in the industry.
The roles sit within the businesses 1st line teams, providing a range of reinsurance transaction support. We are looking for part qualified actuaries, typically with 1-3 years’ experience within a Life Insurance business or pensions consultancy. The role(s) will see you working with direct exposure to actuarial decision making, risk adjusting and assumption setting, at the cutting edge of industry best practices. This is a firm who take pride in being at the forefront of the industry and have a reputation for maintaining excellence as a standard. This is a great opportunity for student actuaries who are looking to gain exposure and learn in an environment which is difficult to rival.
- Oversee the actuarial aspects of our contractual requirements with reinsurers including regular data cleansing processes.
- In conjunction with the reinsurance operations team, overseeing the accurate installation of data for new reinsurance trades at our administrators.
- Responding to technical queries from other internal departments and external parties such as administrators and reinsurers.
- Updating existing reinsurance trade bookings where necessary. Documentation and analysis of any resultant change in value and other reporting requirements.
- Developing and maintaining reinsurance management information.
- Regular monitoring of reinsurance collateral exposures, and future projections of collateral calls to aid with liquidity planning.
- Developing and maintaining strong relationships with reinsurers.
- Driving process improvements across all aspects of reinsurance.
- Deliver accurate work in a timely and professional manner.
- Minimum of 1 years’ experience as a pensions actuary
- Strong analytical and mathematical skills are required.
- Strong understanding of Excel, VBA experience preferred.
- Excellent stakeholder skills.
- Partial completion of actuarial exams.
Salary of £40,000-50,000 dependent on experience.
“Please note, our client is unable to offer sponsorship for this opportunity. Finally, should you not be contacted within five working days of submitting your application, then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the opportunity. We will, however, be in touch should there be any other opportunities of potential interest that are suiting to your skills.”
For all other roles, please go to www.miryco.com