Release and Deployment Engineer
- Londres, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni
- CDI, Plein-temps
- UBS UK
- 16 févr. 19
Job Reference # 188119BR
Are you passionate about building, releasing and deploying robust and scalable platforms? Are you motivated to deliver real business value? We're looking for someone like that to:
– work with the project managers and development leads,
– work as part of the Murex release and deployment team; this team will manage the smooth flow of change from development, through testing and into production
– help negotiate challenges around scope change, development and testing capacity, release timelines and business need.
– collaborate with other global IT teams
– be details-oriented; they will be able to quickly understand the context and nature of the releases they are managing, and thus be able to highlight risks and opportunities for creative solutions to the challenges above
You'll be working as part of the Murex Release and Deployment team within IB IT. The release and deployment team within the Murex program is responsible for the rehearsing and managing of production deployments. This includes the writing and rehearsing of detailed runbooks, and managing weekend releases alongside the TOC production support team. The team members will also be expected to be able to identify opportunities for automation, and implement them. As such, technical ability (scripting, coding, familiarity with infrastructure) will be very useful.
• Experience in a similar role in IT in the capital markets industry, ideally with front office trading platforms
• Experience with Murex a strong positive, particularly managing Murex configuration and the techniques and tooling used for this. Failing this, experience with other front-office vendor trading systems with large amounts of configuration-driven set up is relevant.
• Coding – Experience in Java, Python, Perl and similar unix /shell scripting
• Strong Linux and Oracle database experience
• Good automation skills – demonstration of having used the above technologies to automate away manual toil
• Experience or Exposure with DevOps/CI tooling such as Ansible, Teamcity, Jenkins. Familiarity with the intent and techniques is important.
• Solid experience with the standard toolkits (JIRA etc.) and techniques (burnups etc.) for release management
• Understanding the importance of continuous integration and the role it plays in software delivery.
• Familiarity with approaches for release management within an Agile SDLC
• Experience with the use of automation and repository-driven approaches for release management
• Experience defining, writing and executing runbooks for logistically complex activities involving many participants
• Experience automating manual repetitive processes to remove toil
– Passionate about what you do (and really excellent at it).
– Proactive, comfortable working in dynamic environments with fast-paced deliveries and changing requirements.
– Willing to learn new areas.
– Someone who can think out of the box.
– Someone who can operate smoothly under moments of high pressure.
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.