Reputational Risk Analyst # 107412
The Risk Division is a highly visible, dynamic area of the firm where you can be an integral part of the decision-making that supports the bank's business. Our responsibilities range from Enterprise Risk management to risk and finance reporting, and regional risk teams covering the risk management for our entities. The Risk division's long-term success depends on our ability to achieve our vision and fulfil our mandate. Ultimately, this depends on the skills, experience and engagement of our employees. We offer a collaborative and entrepreneurial environment that offers direct contact with senior management and encourages leadership at all levels.
The Risk Division protects the bank's strategic directives by establishing a strong control environment for our risks. Reputational Risk Management seeks to protect the Bank from engaging in actions or transactions which pose an unacceptable level of reputational risk. The responsibility of Reputational Risk Management is to review reputational risks identified, appraise materiality and reject proposals that pose a material high risk the Bank's reputation. Reputational Risk Management is a uniquely qualitative risk management discipline with often highly subjective outcomes.
You will support the Reputational Risk Manager and will have the following set of responsibilities:
- To co-manage the busy enquires and submissions pipeline, to undertake analysis on each matter to appraise materiality & provide second line challenge on the substance of mitigation presented
- To engage with deal teams and second line functions to identify, understand and appraise matters raised
- To draft succinct summary of issues for further discussion including escalations to senior management
- To formulate recommendations and explain methodology used in order to reach a decision
- To develop and build reputational risk tolerance in key thematic areas
- To engage and co-ordinate various governance forums
Open to discussing flexible/agile working.
- She / He will have strong analytical, attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Challenging and inquisitive mind-set
- Highly organised and self-motivated individual, able to learn quickly and work independently
- Interest and knowledge of capital markets and emerging markets
- Experience in a risk management environment (to include a strong understanding of qualitative methodology and appetite setting)
- Ability to prioritise and deliver results in a time pressured environment
- Strong presentation skills for small and large groups
- You will have an undergraduate degree level education or equivalent work experience
- You will be able to demonstrate extensive experience in a Risk or Control focused role within the Financial Services Industry, preference for experience within a Reputational Risk management function or comparable role
- Experience of various Investment Banking/Global Markets products
- Experience engaging with multiple business partners across departments and levels including exposure to senior management