Research Consultant - Capital Markets
- Londres, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni
- CDI, Plein-temps
- GreySpark Partners
- 14 déc. 17 2017-12-14
Working in GreySpark Partners’ Capital Markets Intelligence practice, you will be providing market intelligence and investigating capital markets trends in order to deliver consulting work or produce a thought leadership report. On a daily basis, you will be responsible for researching and then analysing large amounts of multi-faceted capital markets, macroeconomic information in an effort to turn this information into marketable reports or consulting advice. The primary recipients of your work will be the Tier I and Tier II investment banks that comprise the majority of GreySpark’s client base but also the media too.
The ideal research analyst candidate will have a general interest in capital markets, with some experience in carrying out complex research projects involving many stakeholders over the course of several weeks or months. A balance of quantitative and qualitative skills is essential, but the ideal candidate will have a specific aptitude for consuming large amounts of complex written material and the capability to turn it into accurate, clear prose that is properly sourced and which demonstrates sophisticated reasoning.
What we are looking for in you
· Entrepreneurial spirit, personal and professional integrity and a desire to obtain excellence
· Strong interest in Capital Markets and the strategic aspect of technology
· A team player with good interpersonal and communication skills
· High-level of attention to detail and ability to synthesise information
· Bachelor’s degree or similar, ideally with a focus on one of the following areas: English literature, journalism, business, economics, finance, mathematics or political science.
· Extensive, detailed written analysis of complex sources of information into marketable research reports for a specialist audience;
· Conduct quantitative and qualitative data gathering exercises as part of a broader research process effort, including interviews with capital markets industry subject matter experts and trading technology solution providers;
· Manage research process, from an inception, through data gathering, to marketing and follow ups with capital market participants;
· Write and carry out generally well-prepared marketing exercises on a select basis, working with numerous stakeholders to prepare summaries of information for clients and the general media;
· Conduct pre-sales consulting meetings in conjunction with GreySpark business development managers, often presenting research report findings in a bespoke manner from one meeting to the next.
Skills & Qualities
· Excellent English-language written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to explain complex concepts in relatable, simple terms;
· Efficient, well organised and structured approach to problem solving;
· Experience in gathering and analysing information, drawing conclusions, validating those conclusions and effectively presenting results;
· The ability to interact confidently with many different types of stakeholders, including senior client stakeholders, on a project-by-project basis;
· Use their own initiative in an effort to expand their base of capital markets knowledge;
· Keen desire to work collaboratively with others in an effort to learn and grow as an individual.