Research and Analysis Director; Acrylates, SAP and Oxo Alcohols
IHS Markit Chemical is the leader in brining understanding and insight to the chemical industry through in-depth and comprehensive analysis. Within the chemicals practice the olefins group sits at the crossroads of the extensive upstream business and the accumulated knowledge found in the downstream organisation. The global olefins team covers the major olefins markets and several of the critical derivative industries including the acrylates, SAP and oxo-alcohol industries. A small global team has responsibility for covering these markets, supporting relatively new services. Your Role
The role is critical for the IHS Markit Olefins team and specifically for both the Global Acrylates and Super Absorbants Service and the Global Oxo-Alcohol and Plasticiser Service. You will have responsibility for driving growth of these services in the EMEA regions and be the key client interface for IHS Markit in these sectors. In this role, you will have responsibility for the delivery of monthly and annual services in the associated industries within these regions. With potential to take on a lead responsibility for services on a global basis. Key responsibilities include:
- Market discovery, and reporting on the acrylic acid, oxo-alcohol and associated derivative markets
- Price and market balance forecasting for EMEA regions
- Client support
- Report development and evolution to meet client needs
- Be the expert in the acrylic acid and oxo-alcohol markets
What we offer
- 8 or more relevant years' experience in the petrochemical industry
- Knowledge and experience of the acrylic acid, acrylates and/or oxo alcohol market is highly beneficial
- A master/bachelor's degree, technical degree strongly preferred
- Native or fluent English (both spoken and written)
- Proven presentation skills
- Opportunity to be part of a young and growing business
- Platform to develop globally expert recognition
- Work alongside world experts in the olefins and petrochemical industry
- Inherit strong client relationships and critical market role
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here .
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.