Residential Property Portfolio Manager
Leading asset manager seeks a senior level residential property Portfolio Manager.
- Job Duties
The role holder will work within Retirement Lending business. The role holder will integrate their subject matter expertise into the business and manage the continued growth of its residential property portfolio through providing oversight of lending and servicing policies and developing a framework to maintain portfolio oversight which will align with the overall business strategy.
1. Lead residential property portfolio management from a funder standpoint. This will include oversight of:
- underwriting policies in the context of property and credit risks;
- arrears and collection policies;
- debt management activities;
- credit performance of the portfolio; and
- credit scorecard development
2. Review underwriting policies in view of regulatory changes, credit performance and market developments
3. Develop and maintain portfolio composition analyses to identify build-up of concentrations of particular types of properties in the portfolio (e.g. new builds)
4. Monitor portfolio in the context of servicing arrangements between the lender and funder and develop recommendations/management actions to address any potential issues as appropriate
5. Operate independently and represent views on technical matters pertaining to underwriting and credit risk at relevant committees. Engage with various internal stakeholders and make recommendations to relevant governance bodies including the Underwriting Credit Committee.
6. Develop and implement residential portfolio management framework in line with the firm's risk appetite.
7. Internal stake holder management to facilitate solutions to emerging challenges such as climate change
8. Ensure that the principles of Conduct Risk are embedded into your day to day operations to deliver good customer outcomes at all times. Ensure that all business processes and internal controls within your role are designed and performed in a way that delivers good customer outcomes and demonstrates effective management of Conduct Risk.
- Skills Required
- Strong understanding of property and credit risks
- Knowledge of the mortgage and retirement industry, including key participants
- An understanding of the current challenges and opportunities in the mortgage market would be an advantage
- Deep understanding of credit and lending policies acquired through working at a retail bank or a mortgage lender
- Strong awareness of mortgage regulations and property market developments
- Experience in monitoring portfolios for lending risks and credit performance
- Underwriting policy management
- Retail credit risk (experience in credit scorecard development will be an advantage)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Modelling skills beneficial
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.