The last ten years has seen an explosion of growth in businesses with recurring revenue - think companies like Spotify and Netflix or Dropbox and Microsoft Office 365. The world is moving to one where products are used and paid for on a recurring basis, not purchased upfront. But in that time, innovation in the recurring payments space has been limited. As a result, payments for these companies are broken. GoCardless has fixed this by building a new global platform for recurring payments based on collecting funds directly from bank accounts, avoiding the need for intermediaries like card networks and digital wallets.
We now power recurring payments from companies such as DocuSign, Bulb and Nutmeg as well as tens of thousands of small businesses around the world, whilst enabling software partners including Xero, Zuora and Salesforce to help their own customers collect their own payments.
We've raised over $120m in funding from incredible investors such as Google and Salesforce, have over 50,000 customers and five offices globally.
As our business grows, so does our team, and the People team is at the heart of the company culture. Our aim is to provide comprehensive and innovative rewards programmes that allow our employees to focus on the exciting challenges that life at GoCardless presents. The role
As the Reward Director you will be responsible for building and maintaining our global compensation framework, providing innovative and scalable solutions that will support our international growth plans.
You will be leading global rewards efforts including;
- Responsible for designing and developing our global reward strategy
- Build, implement and manage our global compensation framework including benchmarking and analysis
- Thinking creatively around appropriate compensation interventions that are bespoke and will blend with operational excellence
- Responsible for the communication and delivery of programmes including training & coaching to managers as required
- Building short term and long term incentive plans e.g. bonus, recognition, equity & pension programmes
- Project managing bi-annual compensation reviews
- Managing global benefits programmes across 5 entities
- Support our managers and people partners with bespoke job leveling and job evaluation processes
- Budgeting and planning with the finance and people team
- Proven track record in compensation planning and design
- Experience working in a global HR function
- Excellent analytical skills with strong Google Sheets/Excel knowledge
- Willingness to deliver, sometimes at a transactional level
- Able to show an understanding of Reward interventions across various business areas i.e. mobility, tax etc.
- Data savvy - ability to interpret data is critical to the success of this individual and prior experience
GoCardless embraces diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be .
We offer a varied package of flexible working and benefit policies. From flexible working hours and working from home arrangements, through to enhanced parental leave , pension packages and equity. GoCardless has a very family and work life balance orientated environment. Our team comes from a variety of backgrounds and we embrace diversity - if you're unsure, please apply.
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, everyone at GoCardless has shifted to remote working since mid-March and will continue to work remotely until the end of the year. We are committed to support all employees during this time and continue to monitor the situation closely. Some of the actions we've taken to support the wellbeing of our employees as we transitioned to and continue working in a remote set-up are: subsidised home office equipment, remote workstation assessments, and remote wellbeing and social activities to stay in touch.
Find out more about Life at GoCardless: Twitter Instagram LinkedIn