A boutique investment fund is seeking an experienced Risk Manager to perform detailed risk analysis and develop risk scenarios, working with the Fund Managers to help construct overall fund risk that will help to define investment strategy.
- Reporting into the Chief Risk Officer, the Risk Manager will be responsible for all elements of Investment Risk across asset classes and will be expected to work with a number of Portfolio Managers.
- The Risk Manager will cover but not be limited to liquidity, credit and counterparty credit risk to help deliver risk value and risk scenarios.
- It is expected the successful candidate will review current risk systems and make recommendations.
Skills & Experience
- Many years’ experience in Risk Management within a Fund Investment organisation.
- Expert knowledge of Fixed income & Equities
- Solid track record working with Portfolio Managers developing risk to help define investment strategy,
- Thorough knowledge of the concepts and market standard methodology in managing the active risk/return trade-off between the various global equity and fixed income portfolio management: asset allocation; bond market exposure; yield curve and credit.
- Solid understanding of modern portfolio theory and risk management techniques including quantitative techniques.
- A full understanding of active versus passive risks, the methods for their management overall.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Excel/Technological abilities
Education & Qualifications
- Degree educated in Maths, finance or a similar field
- Relevant industry qualifications – FCA, MBA