Risk Quantitative Engineering - Associate/VP, London
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
The Risk division is responsible for credit, market and operational risk, model risk, independent liquidity risk, and insurance throughout the firm . RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Risk Engineering ("RE"), which is part of the Risk Division, is a central part of the Goldman Sachs risk management framework, with primary responsibility to provide robust metrics, data-driven insights, and effective technologies for risk management. RE is staffed globally with offices including Dallas, New Jersey, New York, Salt Lake City, London, Warsaw, Bengaluru, Singapore, and Tokyo.
In Risk Strats, we are a team of quantitative experts charged with managing the firm's capital, stress testing and risk management, and providing the overall financial control and reporting functions. The team is also responsible for designing, implementing and maintaining quantitative measures of risk such as Value at Risk, Exposure Modelling and also developing Stress Testing framework used to determine the firm's capital requirements. The division is ideal for collaborative individuals who have strong ethics and attention to detail. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
The responsibilities of the strategist include:
- Develop, implement, and maintaining quantitative measures of risk ("Risk Models") such as Value at Risk, Exposure Modelling and stress testing and capital models in order to assess the risk of the Firm's businesses.
- Implement models in production using sophisticated software, such as object-oriented computer languages and design tests to ensure the accuracy of implementation.
- Coordinate across multiple groups, including strategists, technology and controllers to implement the new capital regulations.
- Communicate clearly complex mathematical concepts with internal and external stakeholders such as risk managers, senior management and regulators.
- Perform quantitative analysis and facilitate understanding of the risk for a variety of financial derivatives, including exotic products.
- Provide supervision and quantitative / technical guidance to more junior risk management professionals.
In performing his/her job function, a Vice President in Risk Strats will have the following opportunities:
- Broad exposure to stress testing, pricing, and capital models for a variety of financial products and risk stripes
- Exposure to and development of cutting-edge financial mathematics tools and techniques.
- Development of pricing and simulation models across asset classes, notably for interest rate, equities, commodities, funding, FX, and credit derivatives.
- Development of quantitative and programming skills as well as product and market knowledge.
- Dynamic teamwork environment.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- Strong quantitative skills with an advanced degree (Ph.D. or Master's with relevant experience) in a quantitative discipline (Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics, Econometrics etc.)
- Excellent command of mathematics, modeling and numerical techniques. Good knowledge of statistics, econometric modelling and probability theory.
- Strong programming skills and experience with an object oriented programming language (Java, C++ etc.).
- Strong written and verbal communication skills - ability to explain complex quantitative concepts to a non-technical audience
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity