SECURITIES LENDING – SENIOR BUSINESS SPECIALIST
Help to implement the agreed strategy for the International Securities Lending business, driving expansion and revenue enhancement and acting as subject matter expert in all aspects of the day to day functional demands of the business.
This is a demanding role within the 'front office' environment of the securities lending business. The successful candidate will be required to manage multiple concurrent tasks and deadlines where priorities may change at short notice in order to support the needs of the business. Key Responsibilities:
Strategy development and implementation
• Help to implement the strategy for the International Securities Lending business, working with the Head of Business Management and key stake-holders from Product, Trading, Operations, Client facing teams, Legal, Risk and Compliance.
• Manage business project implementations where no PMO lead is required.
• Coordinate with PMO and Product resources to achieve strategic aims.
• Ensure forums for prioritisation function effectively and manage to agreed deadlines.
Maintain Business Integrity
• Ensure business process is consistent, robust and compliant with prevailing regulations
• Ensure product has scalability to provide growth opportunity or ongoing regulatory compliance
• Work with line manager to highlight and resolve any potential gaps or inconsistencies and identify process improvement opportunities including strategic location strategy.
• Ensure robust and relevant MI is available on key aspects for the business.
Business Development and implementation
• Working with others, identify and exploit specific business opportunities or risk mitigants
• Support borrower and triparty collateral manager relationships
• Ensure market trends and legal and regulatory requirements are incorporated in product/solution design.
• Manage agreed projects to implement business solutions working closely with partners in Legal, Operations, Change Management, Technology and Tax as required.
Support Business Development
• Support client and sales teams as required with regard to specific subject areas and relevant implementations
• Identify solutions to maximise revenues within an appropriate risk framework.
• Contribute to continued growth of the programme and maintaining Northern Trust's leadership position in securities lending.
• Work with product teams in London and Chicago to share market opportunities and competitor information. Skills / Requirements
• Significant experience in securities lending related role and demonstrable expertise in the product.
• The ability to assimilate and communicate information quickly
• Demonstrable analytical and problem solving skills
• Strong academic background (not necessarily to degree level)
• Strong communication skills and the ability to present complex topics in a clear and concise way
• The ability to manage multiple initiatives whilst maintaining excellent project discipline
• Client facing experience an advantage About Northern Trust
For more than a century, Northern Trust has worked hard building our legacy of outstanding service, expertise and integrity. From a Chicago-based bank founded in 1889, we now have more than 20 international locations and 18,500 employees globally. We serve the world's most-sophisticated clients - from sovereign wealth funds and the wealthiest individuals and families, to the most-successful hedge funds and corporate brands.
We burnished our reputation as a global leader delivering innovative investment management, asset and fund administration, fiduciary and banking solutions enabled by sophisticated, leading technology. And through it all, we continually laid a solid, forward-looking foundation on which future generations can continue growing and achieving greater.
Northern Trust proudly cultivates a diverse workforce, to serve our diverse client base. We strongly believe that diversity of experience contributes to a broader collective perspective that will consistently lead to a better company. We encourage applications from the best regardless of ethnicity, gender, gender identity, age, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, education, socio-economic background, parental and caring status, or religion.
As of December 31, 2018, Northern Trust Corporation had:
• $10.1 trillion in assets under custody/administration
• $7.6 trillion in assets under custody
• $1.1 trillion in assets under management
• $132 billion in banking assets