SENIOR CONSULTANT-CLIENT CHANGE PRACTICE (IIG)
Senior Consultant-Client Practice (IIG)
Client Change Practice is a global group within Client Delivery Solutions responsible for the management of significant client projects. The team operates globally in London, Chicago, Dublin, Limerick, Luxembourg, Basel, Hong Kong, Bangalore and Australia, and covers a broad range of products and services across Institutional Investor Group, Transfer Agency, Fund Accounting, middle Office and Custody.
The Client Change Practice group works closely with Clients, Client Implementations, Worldwide Technology, Operations, Relationship Management and Product to deliver effective change management from change initiation through to implementation and benefits realisation. The group is responsible for programme management, project management and client change as well as business consultancy and business analysis, brought about by strategic direction, client's changes, industry regulations and/or operational efficiency directives.
This is an exciting and rapidly growing area of the business with a significant pipeline of activity.
The individual must demonstrate a high-level analytical, consultative and decision making skill set as well as excellent client focus and proactively maintain and implement best practice policies and procedures within the function. The key responsibilities for the role include:
• Focusing on client-initiated projects of all types; defining, coordinating and delivering development and process enhancements according to agreed specifications and in accordance with the project lifecycle
• Programme manage strategic client's change portfolio, handle Client Change communications, governance and reporting
• Accountable for the management & delivery of all client change, working directly and in partnership with the client
• Lead the joint Client / NT Change Management meeting to review Client's change portfolio and status updates
• Proactively drive projects to completion, manage timeline and priorities, and ensure that risks, issues or escalations are resolved
• Provide cost governance - manage estimates and track project costs
• Facilitate connectivity with NT's Product & Regulatory Teams to help drive Client's change agenda
• Work closely with Clients, Business Partners and Consultants to analyse, scope and document improvements following required SDLC/ BPLC guidelines
• Prepares and maintains the overall project plan, manage deliverables against project plan, tracking overall progress and deliverables as milestones in adherence to project standards and governance lifecycles; manages the review and sign-off for deliverables
• Ensure all BRDs are well documented/detailed and responded/approved in a timely manner. Assist Consultants in review and approval of their BRDs
• Identifies, documents and actively manages Risks, Issues and Dependencies; escalates as appropriate to program management with requested solutions
• Demonstrate strong leadership and communicating effectively with different business units at all levels when managing process improvement initiatives
• Documents stakeholder matrix, ensure project updates are routinely and effectively communicated to clients, business partners and vendors, demonstrating strong communication, client focused and vendor management skills
• Maintain a general working knowledge of all Teams within business unit, applications utilised, and Partner areas that interface with the business unit and a detailed knowledge and understanding of the areas they are personally involved in
• Ensure all projects are delivered on a timely manner, within budget, and the procedures generated are robust for operational staff and that the project has met its objectives
• Independently manage a variety of large and complex client projects, providing guidance and leadership to Business Partners and Consultants
• Elicitation of client and business need through structured interviews and information gathering sessions. Document clearly defined business requirements and validation with the client and business partners with timely sign off, including clarity on agreed scope and items not in scope
• Traceability of requirements from scope through to User Acceptance Testing
• Liaison with business and technology partners (internal and external)
• Responsible for user test planning and execution by defining UAT test strategy, scenarios and framework to guide SMEs through effective UAT script writing, test execution
• Consistently escalating issues, risks, progress to ensure appropriate and effective mitigation The successful candidate will benefit from having:
• Significant experience working within Asset Servicing with a highly detailed understanding of 2 or more of the following areas of business; Institutional investor group, Fund Accounting, Transfer Agency, Investment Operations Outsourcing (Middle and Back office) and Custody
• Significant experience in Project Management and Business Analysis within Asset Servicing/ Investment Management
• Significant experience in the project management of a large programme of change for Clients or Senior Sponsors
• Proven track record of delivering change programmes successfully (both technical and business projects)
• Demonstrated ability to communicate with a Sr. Level audience to help drive decisions
• Demonstrated ability to establish, build and maintain strong and effective working relationships at all levels across the organisation and also externally to clients
• Excellent interpersonal and consultancy skills
• Document requirements to a granular and IT specific level, plan project resources and time frames, manage IT and UAT resources to successful project completion
• Excellent organisational and time management skills with the ability to work effectively to multiple competing deadlines
• Excellent attention to detail
• Strong MS Project skills, also MS word, Excel, MS Project PowerPoint, and MS SharePoint
• Degree educated preferred. Excellent analytical and problem solving skills About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world's most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service. Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
We'd love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world's most admired and ethical companies. Build your career with us and apply today!
• Want to learn more about our company? Visit www.northerntrust.com
• We are a leading global financial institution- Click here to check out our company accolades!