London Stock Exchange Group (LSEG) operates a Global CyberSecurity Operations Centre, responsible for the effective detection, prevention and response of cyber-attacks against LSEG, its employees, assets, business operations and customers. The role of a SOC analyst sits within the heart of the SOC, continuously monitoring and hunting for threats that may be actively targeting LSEG.
LSEG are looking for a passionate and technical SOC analyst that excels at seeking out cyber threats. The remit of a SOC Analyst will not be restricted to monitoring the SIEM alone, but will cover areas such as collecting threat intelligence and withdrawing indicators of compromise (IoCs), threat hunting and general SOC improvements.
Furthermore, you will contribute to the effectiveness and maturity of the SOC by contributing to tooling, updating and creating new run books and remaining current with trends in the wider security industry.
The ideal candidate will have a strong technical background, with a firm understanding of modern attack techniques coupled with knowledge of the typical lifecycle of an attack. The candidate will also be open to working to a shift rota to maintain 24/7 monitoring coverage of the LSEG network. Furthermore, the ideal candidate will have the following traits:
Key responsibilities of the role:
- Adopts a creative, yet methodical mind-set when investigating and responding to cyber threats.
- Ability to work well under pressure - particularly during a security incident.
- A continuous desire and willingness to learn and develop your current knowledge and skillset.
- Frequently keeps up-to-date with the latest industry developments, utilising online resources such as blogs, social media and security-specific news outlets.
- Good verbal and written communication skills, with particular ability to communicate technical information to non-technical stakeholders.
Essential Skills & Experience:
- Triage security events and employ a methodical and coherent response to security incidents.
- Competently operate a chosen SIEM (e.g. Splunk/QRadar/LogRhythm) for incident investigations, or for the development of monitoring dashboards.
- Utilise playbooks, existing knowledge and accurate online resources for guidance when responding to incidents.
- Utilise online resources for researching and collecting threat intelligence to enhance the SOC's abilities to detect cyber-attacks.
- Develop new, or improve existing run books and use cases based on investigations and knowledge of modern attacks.
Beneficial skills, experience and certifications:
- Experience with operating or administrating a SIEM (e.g. Splunk/QRadar/LogRhythm).
- Strong working knowledge of networks including the TCP/IP stack, typical organisation architectures, and common protocols abused by malware.
- Experience in security event analysis & triage, incident handling and root-cause identification.
- Understanding of tools, techniques and procedures that attackers use to compromise organisations, ideally from direct experience.
- Security industry specific and core technical accreditations such as OSCP, GIAC, CCNA.
- Certification demontrasting SIEM operational competences.
- Competent with one or more programming languages (e.g. Python, PowerShell, Java, C#).
People are at the heart of what we do and drive the success of our business. Our colleagues thrive personally and professionally through our shared values of Integrity, Partnership, Innovation and Excellence are at the core of our culture. We embrace diversity and actively seek to attract people with unique backgrounds and perspectives. We are always looking at ways to become more agile so we meet the needs of our teams and customers. We believe that an inclusive collaborative workplace is pivotal to our success and supports the potential and growth of all colleagues at LSEG.
A career with London Stock Exchange Group offers you the opportunity to be at the centre of the financial community. As well as competitive salaries and a range of attractive benefits, we maximise each employee's potential through personal development plans, training, coaching and mentoring.
Please take a moment to read this privacy notice
carefully, as it describes what personal information the London Stock Exchange Group ("We") may hold about you, what it's used for, and how it's obtained. If you would like this information to be removed from the London Stock Exchange Group HR database, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org . If you choose to have your information removed, you will be removed as a candidate and we will not be able to progress your application for opportunities at the London Stock Exchange Group.