About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world's most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
As a Northern Trust employee (Partner), you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve.
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
The C&IS Technology Department is looking for a self-motivated, enthusiastic, nimble, and pragmatic individual with a digital mind-set to join our team as a Software Development Engineer. What You Will Do:
You will be part of a diverse and talented software team that is leading our strategic evolution. Project work will be on mission critical applications for a leading international Financial Institution. There will be continual opportunities to work with geographically dispersed teams to develop unique global solutions. The developer will participate in the complete application development lifecycle from concept to implementation. The ideal candidate should demonstrate some of the following qualifications:
• College or University degree in Computer Science or related field of study or equivalent experience
• Demonstrated knowledge of DevOps concepts and best practices - developing and delivering products in a collaborative, agile team environment
• Working knowledge of Java, Java web applications, and modern Spring Frameworks (Spring Boot, Spring Cloud Services, Spring Security, etc.)
• Working experience CI/CD experience using Bamboo or any other CI/CD tool
• Understanding of Object Oriented technology and standard Java development frameworks, including OOD and OOP skills
• Prior Experience with modern web application frameworks (AngularJS, ReactJS, Drupal, etc.)
• Prior Experience in using IDEs like Eclipse 3.x, IntelliJ IDEA
• Strong collaboration and communication skills Preferred Knowledge and Skills:
• Experience with microservice architectures
• Experience with containerization and container orchestration technologies (e.g. Kubernetes)
• Experience implementing a role-based security model and configure permissions and privileges
• Experience developing enterprise applications that support high traffic volumes
• Working experience with extreme programming (XP) practices (TDD/BDD, CI/CD, paired programming, etc.)
• Hands-on experience with cloud platforms (PCF, AWS, Azure, GCP)
• Familiarity with Event Driven Architectures and Asynchronous message/Event processing using Kafka Working with Us:
We'd love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world's most admired and ethical companies. In return, we will support you with your personal and career goals in a number of ways: Financial
- Life Assurance, Disability Plan, Pension/ Gratuity, Annual Pay Review Work Life Balance
- Flexible Work Options, Incremental Annual Leave, Community Volunteer Days Health & Wellbeing
- Private Medical Insurance, Active Sports & Social clubs (lunchtime and after-work groups), Employee Assistance Program Professional Development
- Clear Career Path, Education Assistance, Recognition Programme, NT University (wide range of online, virtual & in-house training options) and employee-led Business Resource Councils dedicated to diversity and inclusion initiatives. And Finally
We hope you're excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us.
We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.