SSGM IT Domain Architect
State Street Global Markets IT is currently recruiting for an MD, Domain Architect located in London, UK.
The Domain Architect has a strong execution track record and is responsible for design, development, and communication of strategies, technology models, processes, tools, standards, and methodologies used in multiple architecture domains (i.e., applications, data, integrations, infrastructure), in support of State Street's Global Markets business domain. This role designs comprehensive solutions considering people, process, data, integrations, and technology, aligning application and technology roadmaps with business goals, and driving the transition from current to future state in order to drive business value. The role is responsible for defining our application heatmap(s), our 3-5 year target state application roadmap, and for illustrating the incremental steps to achieving the target state and working across teams to facilitate moving towards that target state. A key aspect of the role is identifying opportunities for consolidation, complexity reduction, and simplification. Key Responsibilities and Activities
• Provides advanced expertise in multiple technologies, including emerging technologies.
• Develops or leads highly sophisticated architectures that require the integration of multiple technologies, addressing the interrelationships of multiple systems and serving diverse business partners.
• Works with IT and business leadership in the development of technology roadmap strategy, and provides context for the development of the strategy.
• Provides vision and pragmatic expertise to the planning process, ensuring technology investments and strategies align with business requirements and technology roadmaps.
• Directs changes to the IT organization and processes that strike the optimal balance between performance, business results, and spend management.
• Ensures the use of industry and enterprise technology standards across the organization.
• Identifies and leads the resolution of highly complex technical problems.
• Leads architecture design that is scalable to the global, enterprise level.
• Develops publications and educates SSGM staff on architecture plans, current and emerging technologies, and strategies.
• Ensures the adherence to architectural standards.
• Conducting project reviews to ensure initiative alignment to target state. Qualifications
A minimum of a Bachelor Degree in Information Technology/Management is required. A minimum of 15+ years IT experience; 8+ of which are within the Architecture Domain are required. Expertise in developing and architecting solutions in a collaborative environment is required. Experience creating and managing an Application Inventory and aligning annual business planning and new portfolio management processes to ensure industry data standards, lifecycle mgmt. of infrastructure, integrations, application, and retirement strategies are incorporated into multi-year investment plans. The ability to design a pragmatic approach bringing legacy applications to their respective end-state environment in a cost effective and compliant way is required. Educates and provides consultation to SSGM IT Leads, Business Partners, and/or respective teams on data standards, SaaS integration techniques, industry best practices, and newer technologies. The ability to partner with the GTS overall EA Team defining and driving frameworks to influence enterprise technology strategies and identify leveraging opportunities across businesses is required.