Sales Assistant M/F-VIE London - Corporate and Investment Banking London - Great Britain
DESCRIPTION OF THE BUSINESS LINE
MARK Cross Asset Sales provides investors with multi-asset market solutions. It addresses the needs of distributors, offering bespoke services to support then in the design, marketing and after-sale service of their products. It also serves institutional investors with their asset liability management, financing, hedging or the optimization of their overall return. MARK Cross Asset Sales capitalizes on an engineering team to deliver cross asset expertise and better manage trading risk.
• A fully coordinated global cash to structured Institutional & Distribution sales force with strong local footprint and coverage to offer optimum client service.
• Cross-asset offer leveraging all channels - from voice, exchange to e-commerce - to offer clients a full and comprehensive product set from cash to derivatives in all assets, and from pre- to post-trade services.
• Deep sectorial approach with asset specialists offering client-driven advisory and intelligent solutions, supported by leading cross-asset research.
• A local organisation allowing deep knowledge of the local constraints of clients across all assets.
• Specific client segment approach in order to ensure the most pertinent offer for each segment. SUMMARY
• To support senior sales people in providing Distribution clients based in the UK & Ireland (private banks, wealth managers, brokers, investment advisors) with investment or hedging structured solutions and executing primary transactions (pricing, term sheets, booking...)
• To ensure the secondary market dealing on such structured products
• To be the safe keeper of the internal rules (client on-boarding, product governance, risk limits...), in close coordination with the Sales COO RESPONSIBILITIES
• To price and execute primary and secondary market transactions of structured products
• To produce offering and marketing documents (term sheets, factsheets, marketing presentation)
• To book and track trades (using SG internal system)
• To interact daily with the Marketing and Pricing/Structuring Teams (for pricing requests or marketing presentations)
• To provide a high level of operational support to the sales (trades follow-up, on-boarding process, documentation)
• To solve business or operational issues related to the products sold with the assistance of the IT teams, back-offices, middle-offices
• To analyze, investigate, research, manage and resolve various requests from clients related to products, on boarding process, client events, documentation (legal and commercial)
• To ensure compliance with internal procedures and guidelines (SHB, clients on-boarding, credit risk checks, product guidelines, margin policies, restructuring policies, etc..)
• To produce reliable reporting and ensure data management (including but not limited to, CRM and P&L data) used for management information production ;
• To preserve integrity and accuracy of client database (iC)
• To seek out more straight through processes and identify areas to reduce broken workflows and costs
• To be impeccable in the expertise and use of internal systems to limit the risk for the bank and make the FO to BO chain smoother
• To ensure training of new joiners (interns, new VIEs)
All our positions are open to people with disabilities Profile
Graduate with a Master degree from Business/Engineering school or University, majoring in Finance.
A previous experience in Investment Banking would be appreciated.
You are fluent in English.
You are proficient in Office application.(Bloomberg/VBA)
• Ability to work under pressure, both from internal contacts or clients
• Communication skills
• Knowledge of main structured products features and mechanisms (rationale, pricing parameters, mechanisms) The VIE assignment in a nutshell
This VIE in London is to begin as soon as possible but you need to plan 3 months between your application date and the beginning of your VIE assignment. It will last 12 months.
The VIE is a specific contract, under Business France's eligibility criteria, opened to candidates under 28 and from the member states of the European Economic Space. For further information, please see www.civiweb.com . Evolution
To facilitate the examination of your application by our English-speaking managers, we thank you for applying in English.
At Societe Generale, you will be joining the Global Markets division (MARK) of SG Corporate and Investment Banking. MARK offers a cross-asset approach along all its offerings : Research, Investment & Risk Management Solutions, Execution and Prime Services to asset managers, pension funds, companies, private banks, insurance companies, hedge funds, family offices, sovereign funds and distributors worldwide.
Job code: 19000J3O
Business unit: SG CIB
Starting date: 01/10/2019
Date of publication: 01/07/2019