Sales Ledger Assistant (16443)
- Londres, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni Londres Angleterre GB
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Fitch Ratings
- 18 juin 18 2018-06-18
Sales Ledger Assistant (16443)
Dual-headquartered in New York and London, Fitch Ratings is a leading provider of credit ratings, commentary and research. Dedicated to providing value beyond the rating through independent and prospective credit opinions, Fitch Ratings offers global perspectives shaped by strong local market experience and credit market expertise. The additional context, perspective and insights we provide help investors to make important credit judgments with confidence.
Fitch Solutions delivers credit market data, analytical tools and risk services to the global financial community. In addition to offering proprietary market-based content, Fitch Solutions distributes the ratings, research and financial data of Fitch Ratings through a variety of flexible platforms. With innovation and experience behind every solution, Fitch Solutions helps financial professionals meet the diverse and evolving needs of today's global markets.
Fitch Ratings and Fitch Solutions, along with Fitch Learning and BMI Research, are part of the Fitch Group, a global leader in financial information services with operations in more than 30 countries. Fitch Group is majority-owned by Hearst.
Fitch Ratings and Fitch Solutions are an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer, complying with all laws governing employment in each jurisdiction in which operating, and provide equal opportunity to all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and other status protected by applicable laws.
The Finance Department in London is a team of around 60 members in an open plan environment with responsibility for all financial and accounting requirements of the Fitch Group's UK and certain European subsidiaries. In addition, it has responsibility for oversight and consolidation of Fitch's other entities in EMEA, Asia Pacific and Latin America.
Fitch is seeking a Sales Ledger Assistant to join the Sales Ledger team which consists of 15 staff, including this position. This is an all-round Accounts Receivable positon, a key role in the Sales Ledger Department. The role involves billing and chasing global clients for payment of their invoices; for products provided by Fitch. The position will be both interesting and challenging for the right candidate working on a multi-million pound ledger requiring a methodical individual with an eye for detail. The right candidate will hit the ground running, will have a strong AR background and be keen to provide an excellent ser vice to both the Business and clients. This is a busy department and it is important that the candidate can work well in a team environment.
- Invoicing for Fitch rated entity fees via the Fees Database and assisting to maintain issuer information
- Collection of issuer rating fees; and other Fitch products
- To be the first point of contact for billing queries, both internally and externally
- To assist with cash allocation and some month end reporting
- Creation of invoices for Fitch products.
- Collection of outstanding invoices: clients will be contacted by telephone and by email.
- Detailed collection notes on the status of each invoice will be made. Liaising with the other members of the Finance team and the Business to ensure client queries are resolved in a timely manner.
- Attend regular meetings with the rest of the team to keep their manager informed of any collection issues that arise and provide regular collection updates.
- Cash allocation assistance, including cash sheet completion.
- Assistance with month end reporting.
- Other ad-hoc tasks as requested.
- Good Excel skills and aptitude with other software packages.
- Minimum C GSCE grades in Maths and English.
- Previous experience with SAP accounting package is an advantage.
- Previous experience within an Accounts Receivable Department is essential.
- European languages desirable (preferably one or more of the following: French, Polish, Spanish).
- Previous experience of having worked in a SOx Compliant company would be an advantage.
Flexible approach to tasks is essential
Must be able to work as part of a team and independently
Ability to prioritise own workload
Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
Good organisational and communication skills
HOURS: 9 am - 5.30 p.m. (flexibility required)
LOCATION: 30 North Colonnade, Canary Wharf. E14 5GN