Sales Manager (German) - Charles River Investment Management Solution - London or Frankfurt (VP)
Charles River provides an end-to-end solution to automate front and middle-office investment management functions across asset classes on a single platform. Delivered as a hosted service, the solution improves data quality and investment professional productivity, controls risk and lowers technology costs. Charles River serves more than 350 investment firms in over 40 countries in the institutional asset and fund management, private wealth, alternative investments, insurance, banking and pension markets. Charles River was acquired by State Street in October 2018. Role:
Key Skills/Experience Required:
- The role will involve a mix of New Business Sales (circa 70%) and existing customer Account Management (circa 30%).
- The successful candidate will be personally responsible for the entire sales and account management process from inception to closure. This includes; research, identification and 'upselling' CRD modules and services into both new and existing customer accounts.
- Systematic prospecting and lead generation across the designated territory and vertical markets withing the 'buy-side'. Period assistance provided by 'Inside Sales' (cold calling) to help reach and penetrations into territory base, build and foster relationships with primarily C-suite contacts to comprehensively uncover sales opportunities and deliver CRIMS value proposition.
- Selling the value proposition around a comprehensive SaaS solution to new and existing customers.
- Consultative and strategic management of the entire sales process; organising and running presentations/workshops, owning and contribution to RFI/RFP and tender process, solution demos/pilots, commercial proposals and presentations. Working throughout the existing and prospective customer organisations to understand the key players, decision makers, build high level relationships, clearly understand business and technical requirements and prescribe commensurate messaging and value propositions.
- Work through objections, pricing and contract issues to close deals.
- Work with CRD Relationship Managers to leverage penetration within existing CRD customer accounts.
- Work with State Street Sales colleagues to leverage relationships within existing State Street customer accounts.
- Develop relationships with key industry partners including consultants and complementary service providers to broaden CRD's reputation and ultimately leverage sales opportunities.
- Fluency in German and extensive experience working through German essential.
- University degree ideally in a technology or financial discipline.
- Thorough understanding and application of strategic selling and solution sales eg Miller Hieman, SPIN, etc) and demonstrated success against quota in a highly competitive environment.
- Consistent record of achievement and ideally over achievement against demanding targets.
- Experience selling in to Germany essential.
- Must have knowledge and experience selling complex solutions, enterprise software and large consulting projects in to the financial services industry preferably within the buy-side.
- Personal credibility with C Suite executives within the target market - candidates must understand the culture and the language of the sector as well as the issues and challenges being faced by our customers.
- Record of development accounts and relationships from 'one of many' to key trusted advisor status.
- A keen awareness of the political dynamics within the customer base.
- Experience selling complex systems which require a deep understanding of the solution and not just a superficial awareness. Ability to understand the key concepts, observations and articulate CRD and CRIMS value proposition as well as the 'front-to-back' proposition.