Sales & Trading Governance analyst
- Londres, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Société Générale - UK
- 12 oct. 17 2017-10-12
Sales & Trading Governance analyst
People join for the impact they can have on us. They stay for the impact we have on them. A flatter structure offers visibility and exposure beyond that of our competitors, so you know our names, and we know yours. It's personable, human, and inspires success through passion. By encouraging open mindedness and a willingness to share ideas, we have adapted to market changes and thrived through innovation. Bringing words like “hard work” and “dedication” together with “community” and “respect” has enabled us to work collaboratively and build our future together. We call this Team Spirit and it's what makes us different. It's what makes you different.
Description of the Business Line or Department
FIXED INCOME & CURRENCIES
A SOLUTIONS & DERIVATIVES HOUSE
The Fixed Income department at Societe Generale aim at providing a full set of services to Institutional and Corporate clients that will support their investment or risk management targets.
Thanks to market-leading research, engineering, trading and e-commerce capabilities, our clients benefit from strategic insights, flow information, competitive pricing and seamless execution across rates, credit, FX, and emerging markets.
We design solutions for our clients, capitalising on the full spectrum of fixed income and currencies products and services.
LINKING BORROWERS TO INVESTORS FROM ORIGINATION TO DISTRIBUTION
We service our clients on the full credit spectrum from Investment Grade to High Yield and X-Over and on cash as well as indices, options and singe name CDS.
GLOBAL FX & EMERGING MARKETS EUROPEAN MARKET LEADER WITH EMERGING MARKET FOCUS
Our clients can tap our capacity to execute large FX deals. We also offer a global coverage on all major currencies, and the local access of our global emerging markets platform spanning CEE, Asia, Africa and Brazil.
ACCESS TO CASH AND DERIVATIVES
Through packaged trade ideas or flawless execution, we offer our clients the best of our trading and structuring expertise. Our capabilities span from derivatives to government, agency & supranational securities to covered bonds, inflation-linked products and ETFs.
Summary of the Key Purposes of the Role
• The candidate will be part of the COO office. The COO Office is responsible for supporting business line Heads and facilitating business activity, acting as a contact point for sales & traders' queries relating to support and control, and controlling and supervising the Fixed income & currencies activity.
• The scope of the function covers Sales & Trading Fixed Income & Currencies activities worldwide.
• The position is based in SG Investment Banking Branch in London.
Summary of Responsibilities
The position consists of :
• Designing and maintaining operational & conduct risk guidelines for Sales and Traders;
• Enforcing these guidelines, providing training, support and advisory to Sales and Trading teams, and handling exceptions or breaches;
• Designing and implementing the relevant controls on the Front Office side
• Ensuring proper reporting to MARK/FIC Senior Management and follow up on corrective plans;
• Performing regular controls on the desks; Seeing to the completion of remediation actions
• Supervise controls referentials maintenance in collaboration with heads of desk
• Addressing gaps in our organization, processes or systems, in relation with Sales and Trading Governance issues.
Level of Autonomy and Authority
• Report to Sales & Trading Governance manager located in London
• Autonomy & high level of initiative expected
• Education: Bac+5
• Previous experience in investment banking environment, preferably in Risk Management, Financial Control Systems or Operations
• Product experience in Fixed income and FX areas of Capital Markets is a plus
• Excellent knowledge of Excel, Word and PowerPoint
• Good knowledge of Business Object and VBA
• Speak fluently French and English to communicate with FIC Management, as well as Sales and Traders on a daily basis
• Analytical & communication skills
• Flexibility – adaptability
• Ability to make decisions & to work under pressure
If you feel you have the required experience and qualifications, then please apply to the SG Resourcing Team, and we will manage your application. At Societe Generale, we believe our people are our strength and are core to the success of our business. As such, we search for, recruit and appoint the best available person on the basis of aptitude and ability, regardless of sex, marital or civil partnership status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, pregnancy, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, belief or gender reassignment.