Sales and Purchase Agreeement - Manager - London
- Londres, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni
- CDI, Plein-temps
- 18 janv. 19
Sales and Purchase Agreeement - Manager - London
Fraud Investigation & Dispute Services - Sales and Purchase Agreement (SPA)
EY's Forensic Investigation & Dispute Services- SPA Team provides expert support to clients, partners and deal teams on M&A pricing mechanisms and the accounting aspects of SPAs (sale and purchase agreement), including support around any post deal Completion Accounts.
The role involves the identification and articulation of value issues related to deal completion mechanics to assist clients in their SPA negotiations. The successful candidate will have involvement at all stages of a transaction from pre-deal work through to post-completion support.
As part of our team you will gain experience in understanding the nature of Transaction Services (TS) products and how an M&A transaction is executed. The role will enable you to:
- Develop a specialist skill-set in a high value-add area for corporate and private equity clients
- Build up investigation, dispute and SPA experience
- Improve analytical and negotiation techniques
- Gain insight into key value levers for clients in negotiating SPAs
- Work closely with due diligence teams to identify and mitigate risk for clients
- Participate in the success of a highly profitable business viewed as a key differentiator to competitors
- Develop a strong internal and external network
Your key responsibilities :
- The day to day management of project teams. As a respected senior professional you will communicate effectively with EY engagement Assistant Directors and Executives and work to build, manage and motivate high-performing teams, and help key staff to build sustainable competencies
- Drafting detailed and compelling outputs for clients
- Provide insightful, deal-relevant points of view and recommendations to the client by leveraging your operations and commercial experience
- Take ownership for Quality and Risk Management (Q&RM) to ensure client work is delivered consistently and in compliance with Ernst & Young's quality standards
- Build valued relationships with external clients and internal peers and develop a portfolio of projects by focusing on high value opportunities
- Become an active counsellor, coach and role model to junior team members
- Communicating with partners and directors in a flat team structure.
We are looking for an individual who is hands-on and rigorous in their working style and a highly motivated team player, capable of working in a fast paced environment. Candidates must demonstrate an ability to communicate clearly to both clients and other advisors. For the right candidate, this opportunity will provide stimulation and challenge and the prospect of career development in a key specialism within the firm.
To qualify for the role you must have:
Knowledge and experience of a number of the following areas:
- Understanding, digesting, explaining, analysing company accounts and financial information
- Modelling, testing, documenting financial scenarios and anticipating challenges
- Analysing strengths/weaknesses of opposing cases, formulating alternative scenarios and advising on strategic implications
- Preparation of high calibre presentations and thought leadership.
- Risk management
- Leading sector / marketing initiatives
- Strong academic record including a degree (in any subject)
- Professional accountancy qualification
- Commercial and/or technical expertise required
- Strong analytical skills and commercial awareness
- Skills in Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Ability to travel nationally and internationally for extended periods and at short notice
- Assertive and confident interpersonal skills
- Ability to simultaneously handle diverse and pressing assignments and sensitive and adversarial situations
- Critical thinkers with very good attention to detail
- Comfortable working both independently or in a team
- Desire to develop strong internal and external networks
- Strong communication skills
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you'll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark.
Who we are
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.