- Londres, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Lloyds Banking Group
- 25 mai 19
Friday 31 May 2019
£54,117 - £60,130
We support agile working - click here for more information on agile working options.
Agile Working Options
Other Agile Working Arrangements / Open to Discussion
Job Description Summary
An exciting opportunity has arisen within the Risk Value Stream as a Scrum Master. Confident, highly motivated and with a passion for working with people, the Scrum Master role is responsible for supporting teams to deliver their best work, improving facilitation of change and managing the prioritisation of the backlog.
Lloyds Banking Group is the UK's largest Digital, Retail and Commercial Bank with a focus on Helping Britain Prosper.
An exciting opportunity has arisen within the Risk Value Stream as a S crum Master. Confident, highly motivated and with a passion for working with people, the Scrum Master role is responsible for supporting teams to deliver their best work, improving facilitation of change and managing the prioritisation of the backlog.
This role will be based in the Prudential reporting Lab delivering solutions that support the end to end process of calculating and reporting Lloyds Banking Group's Capital position. The wide-ranging products delivered and supported by the Capital Lab include complex vendor applications performing capital calculations, through to large data repositories and regulatory reporting tools. Together, the team and these products ensure that LBG satisfies existing capital regulations and on a robust and sustainable basis and thus is well prepared for the challenges of future regulatory change.
This new Lab is being created by moving an existing programme into a Lab and Agile environment to improve delivery, as such we are looking for someone who will work with a wider Scrum Master network to develop and deploy good practice as we transition.
The Scrum Master operates at Team level, and is a change agent with a passion for working with people and teams to help them deliver their best work. They are responsible for improving facilitation of change using agile methodology (as defined in the Scrum Guide), within LBG. They will do this by helping the team understand Scrum theory, practices, rules and values and translating this into practice so it works for LBG.
The scrum master is a servant-leader for the team; they facilitate the team to become self-organised and focused on delivering the outcome for the customer. Working with the Team Product Owner to support the prioritisation of the backlog, the scrum master ought to be able to demonstrate their approach to facilitation, mentoring, training and type of leadership, at a team / squad level, and will help maximise the value created by the Team.
The Scrum Master is representative of the 'new' culture and should display the following qualities:
- Highly motivated self-starter, comfortable offering guidance and leadership, both individually and at team/squad levels
- A great teammate, who is comfortable getting his or her hands dirty
- Brings passion to his or her work to inspire and motivate team members
- Passionate about Agile principles and excited to embed them across the organisation
- Loves coaching and supporting people to embrace changes to their way of working
- Confident delivering formal and informal training
- Calm, confident, patient and open-minded
- A continuous improvement mindset and dedication to finding new ways of working
- Listens to the team and empowers them to tackle challenges
- Experienced scrum master with demonstrable skills and proven capability of agile application and scrum techniques
- Experience in financial services or large corporate environments
- Experience of transforming from waterfall to flow systems for software development processes
- Ability to brainstorm with team members on solutions to address challenges and roadblocks
- Proven experience influencing behaviour cross-team and cross-discipline without having formal organisational hierarchy
Scrum mastery to the PO/ Lab leadership:
- Ensure that goals are understood by everyone in the Team as well as possible
- Find techniques for effective product backlog management, that work for the team
- Act as facilitator of scrum ceremonies (sprint planning, stand ups, retrospectives etc.) through a clear understanding of the aim of each event, taking corrective measures as required
- Support the Lab Coach when coaching Lab Leaders to understand agility through flow principles
- Help the Team to continuously improve the effectiveness of their incremental delivery of value to customers & partners, whilst adapting to customer & partner feedback
- Collaborate with the Product Owner and team, to ensure a healthy prioritised product backlog
- Coach and facilitate the team in self-organisation and cross-functionality - delivering agile training and coaching in line with agreed outcomes
- Remove impediments to the Team's progress
- Drive capability uplift in teams against strategic capabilities
- Gain a thorough understanding of the application of agile risk management in the bank through experience of it or similar applications
On top of our team ethos we're genuine about both equal opportunity and our colleagues representing the communities we serve - developing and advancing the best in our people.
You'll also get
In return you'll benefit from a competitive salary and generous out of hour's payments on top of which we'll provide:
- An on target performance bonus of c.15%
- A generous pension contribution
- 28 days leave plus bank holidays
- A 4% flex cash pot to spend on benefits (or take as cash)
- Private health cover
- Share schemes including free shares
We're genuine about providing equal opportunity as well as our people representing the communities we serve and have a culture built around developing and advancing the best of our people.
Sound like your ideal next workplace?
So if you have the skills we're after and playing a key role in our ongoing support and development appeals then get in touch, we'd love to hear from you...
At Lloyds Banking Group, we're driven by a clear purpose; to help Britain prosper. Across the Group, our colleagues are focused on making a difference to customers, businesses and communities. With us you'll have a key role to play in shaping the financial services of the future, whilst the scale and reach of our Group means you'll have many opportunities to learn, grow and develop.
We're focused on creating a values-led culture and are committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve. Together we're building a truly inclusive workplace where all of our colleagues have the opportunity to make a real difference.