SecOps EngineerABOUT OCTOPUS
Octopus is a fast-growing company with more than 600 employees. Since we launched in 2000, we've established market leading positions across financial services, healthcare and energy.
The Octopus Group incorporates Octopus Energy, Octopus Healthcare, Octopus Investments, Octopus Property, Octopus Ventures and Octopus Labs. Octopus Labs is the fintech innovation unit of the Octopus Group. We fuse track record and technology, expertise and UX, to build financial products the way they should be: trustworthy, rewarding and easy-to-use.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Our SecOps Engineers will work alongside our Security Product Manager and DevOps Engineers within IT Operations helping to manage security around the products and infrastructure we build and manage. Both in cloud and on premise.
- Experience working with security technologies.
- Understanding of coding and branching principals.
- Cyber Threat Intelligence Knowledge
- Experience working in and securing cloud environments (Azure or Google Cloud/AWS)
- Understanding of the OWASP top 10 and supporting tools/CSA/NIST
- Security Incident response experience
- Security related qualifications - (CCSP/CCSK/CiSSP/GSEC)
- Octopus Labs is driving innovation and technical change throughout the Octopus Group
- We're one of the largest VCs in Europe
- We love entrepreneurs
- We're happy for you to keep working on your side-projects.
- Started in a bedroom 17 years ago and still run by the same founders we have a strong entrepreneurial flair and a culture of always asking questions
- Flexible working hours.
- Exceptionally diverse/multinational team.
- Salary (tell us what you are worth) + benefits.
- Relaxed, creative environment.
- Stunning office.
Must have the right to work in the UK
Random acts of kindness make the workplace a better place. So, go out of your way to be helpful, and give people reasons to smile.
Life is complicated enough. Don't make it harder for yourself, or for others. Sometimes the simplest approach works wonders.
Every great business started with a flash of inspiration. If you've got a great idea, don't keep it to yourself.
At Octopus, we recognise the importance of embracing diversity in order to create a high performance culture.